• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Gerrit Cole (Please sign with the Angels) Thread

Chuck

3 hours ago, Lou said:

bless you 

3 hours ago, Bronson said:

Thanks it was tough but morbid curiosity took over and I had to see what they were saying over this whole Angels Yankees bidding war.

Wish I never went. It just put me in a bad mood.

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ya I mean they feel how they feel.  All their shit doesn’t mean anything.  But it especially doesn’t mean shit when the Angels are beating them. 

Just hold in your hearts that the Angels are the only team in Major League Baseball with a winning record against the Skanks.

2 hours ago, zenmaster said:

This whole BS "from the Yankees camp" about willing to write a check for whatever number and years Boras and Cole want is complete BS. It's all Boras trying to get Cole's price up and have the Angels bidding against themselves. 

I don't believe that for a second. There's genuine interest, otherwise why travel out West to come and have sit down meeting? 

The Yankees decision has effects on multiple levels. To generate interest in playing for them, sell him on the team. It was fact finding, to find it if he does indeed have any interest, and to find it how much it would actually cost. And lastly, it inflates the offers that other teams may be making for Cole's services, like the Angels, to know they are bidding against the evil empire. 

I don't believe Cole will be a Yankee. Their payroll is already over the luxury tax. Which will limit them. But the interest is genuine.

4 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I don't believe that for a second. There's genuine interest, otherwise why travel out West to come and have sit down meeting? 

The Yankees decision has effects on multiple levels. To generate interest in playing for them, sell him on the team. It was fact finding, to find it if he does indeed have any interest, and to find it how much it would actually cost. And lastly, it inflates the offers that other teams may be making for Cole's services, like the Angels, to know they are bidding against the evil empire. 

I don't believe Cole will be a Yankee. Their payroll is already over the luxury tax. Which will limit them. But the interest is genuine.

I agree.

I wonder if Cole has any interest in how the Yankees are pursuing the Ellsbury contract issue?  I would consider that a cautionary tale, but I am without any detailed knowledge.

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Imagine representing Cole to the Yankees while another client of yours Elsbury is about to enter litigation with the Yankees for refusing to pay his contract. 

Yep that’s why Boras is refusing to push Cole on the Yankees because they don’t pay their bills. 

oh wait...🤔

Cole could give a hoot about Ellsbury. 

14 minutes ago, eligrba said:

I agree.

I wonder if Cole has any interest in how the Yankees are pursuing the Ellsbury contract issue?  I would consider that a cautionary tale, but I am without any detailed knowledge.

I wonder if Cole knows the whole Yankees thing is a ruse by his agent to inflate his price.

5 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

Yep that’s why Boras is refusing to push Cole on the Yankees because they don’t pay their bills. 

oh wait...🤔

Cole could give a hoot about Ellsbury. 

Cole seems smarter than that, at least his attorney should be smarter than that when writing a possible contract with the Yankees.

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Imagine representing Cole to the Yankees while another client of yours Elsbury is about to enter litigation with the Yankees for refusing to pay his contract. 

I didn't realize that Borass represented both.....

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

I wonder if Cole knows the whole Yankees thing is a ruse by his agent to inflate his price.

Of course he does.  I mean, right?  Unless the meeting never took place between him and the Yankees.  Cole is the one who has to decide where he wants to play. 

15 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

The Media "ESPN" is sure pushing the Yankees on the Cole campaign. I really hope they end up butt hurt very soon. This waiting on Cole's decision is kinda painful. If we can't sign him I really don't like our chances over the next few years. Coming in second is like kissing your sister.

I read somewhere that the NBA ratings are down because most of the star players are now playing on the west coast at 11:00pm east coast time. Maybe they’re worried about having MLB’s best baseball player and pitcher along with Ohtani in the same time zone. 

9 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

I read somewhere that the NBA ratings are down because most of the star players are now playing on the west coast at 11:00pm east coast time. Maybe they’re worried about having MLB’s best baseball player and pitcher along with Ohtani in the same time zone. 

People don't tune in to watch specific players anyway, other than Japanese fans with Ohtani, etc. 

MLB's ratings aren't going to spike because Gerrit Cole signs on the East Coast. He's not even the best pitcher in baseball, just the best FA.