• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Watched the original 1954 Godzilla at the Arclight.  A)  Glad they showed the original in Japanese with subtitles.  B) it's wasnt the Burr edition.  C)  It was a sellout crowd with applause at the end.

Kind of corny, Special effects were funny.  But considering this is a 1954 film, just awesome once you get by all that.  Can't wait to watch the new Godzilla this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Two more netflix documentaries:

bigger, stronger, faster: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1151309/

- about steroids and such, follows three brothers are are like wannabe amateur body builders / wrestlers. interesting but nothing too exciting.

somm: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2204371/

- this was pretty neat, about 4 guys who take the "master sommelier" exam. they do wine tastings and can narrow it down to the exact country, region, town, winery in the world and specific year it was bottled. pretty insane. girlfriend and i watched it while drinking boxed wine we got at target. we felt pretty fancy.

Agree about Godzilla. It was fine. Action, when it happened was fun and the destruction was nice. But everything surrounding it was kind of boring, in particular the military portion. I like Bryan Cranston, but I thought he was pretty bad in this, as was Aaron Taylor Johnson. 

I may have to watch this again though, as my son desperately wants to see this (he's only 6). I was roughly that age when I went to see Jurassic Park in theaters like 4 times so I figure he should be alright.

netflix documentary about....

dudes that love the show my little pony.

called... "bronies."

dafuq? it was interesting, because we had never heard of them.

but it was too long - couple have just been 10 mins of "internet nerds have trouble socializing so they flock to a cartoon where they can dress like faux candy ravers"

a little fact about that bar rescue show

they went to a longstanding dive bar near me in Reseda

tried to make it high end, it was busy for about a month, then nobody went into that place

It basically went out of business thereafter, because you dont make a boojee bar in the middle of Reseda

Now the (even crappier) dive bar across the street owns it, and threw all that crappy furniture in the street/alley

Its doing good again as a dive bar

X-Men: Days of Future Past - A+

Idc what Bryan Singer does in his spare time, that ****ing guy can direct an X-Men movie. Best of the franchise and that says something considering how awesome First Class is. Must see movie. It isn't the Wolverine show. Glad they focused on the Charles/Erik story more. The balance between future and past and time travel is brilliantly done.

Finally got around to watching episode 1 of Silicon Valley.

Was good - love the not-so-subtle jabs at real people (Peter Gregory is obviously Peter Thiel) and companies (Hooli is Google, etc).

I love my field and living here, but it's definitely a great target for satire and mockery. 

The doctor scene was classic (during an appointment for a panic attack the doctor tries to get him to invest in his startup).

That stuff has happened to me a bunch of times. I hired a guy to paint some walls at my place once, and he spent an hour pitching me and trying to get me to invest in his startup.

Just paint the f*cking walls man. 

Edited by mrwicked

Finally got around to watching episode 1 of Silicon Valley.

Was good - love the not-so-subtle jabs at real people (Peter Gregory is obviously Peter Thiel) and companies (Hooli is Google, etc).

I love my field and living here, but it's definitely a great target for satire and mockery. 

The doctor scene was classic (during an appointment for a panic attack the doctor tries to get him to invest in his startup).

That stuff has happened to me a bunch of times. I hired a guy to paint some walls at my place once, and he spent an hour pitching me and trying to get me to invest in his startup.

Just paint the f*cking walls man. 

Great show. It gets funnier as it progresses. Sucks that the Peter Gregory actor (Christopher Even Welch) died during filming. He was one of my favorite characters. They actually come up with a clever way to handle that though. 

Edited by Ray McKigney

I've seen the first few episodes of Silicon Valley. It's pretty funny. Kind of like a more intelligent version of Big Bang Theory.

big bang theory is awful.

i like this description: "big bang theory is a show about 'smart' people but written for a stupid audience, whereas arrested development is a show about 'stupid' people written for a smart audience"

Don jon 4/10

Scarlett Johansson saved the movie

Prisoners 8.5/10

A little long for me

Great gatsby 6.5/10

We're the millers 9/10

"We're the Millers"

I'd give this a 7/8.  I laughed out loud at a lot of it; mostly because they stole some of our sayings ("eat a dick").  It's one of those movies that I'll scoop-up out of the bargain-bin eventually to watch a couple more times.

big bang theory is awful.

i like this description: "big bang theory is a show about 'smart' people but written for a stupid audience, whereas arrested development is a show about 'stupid' people written for a smart audience"

That quote is gold.