• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Watched the Fallout series on Amazon Prime. It did a good job bringing in all of the game elements while creating a backstory that gave the players meaning for existing. It really could have used another three episodes before moving on to the Fallout Las Vegas storyline just to filled in a little more character development. Yes, it is a huge special effects show but many of the sets didn't require any unless there was a creature or Faction fight. 

On 4/11/2024 at 4:38 PM, Don said:

I keep coming back to this thread every couple weeks hoping for more reviews and discussion. So much interesting stuff has come out in the last few months, yet I hear virtually nothing from all of you. I need you guys to get it together. K, thanks.

Ok I'll see what I can do...

The Three Body Problem

It was dog shit.

Of course what would you expect when you ask Hollywood's two biggest fuck ups to adapt a chitty Chinese scifi novel. The whole thing is just amateur hour. D&D cannot write for shit, and they should really stop trying to.

21 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Ok I'll see what I can do...

The Three Body Problem

It was dog shit.

Of course what would you expect when you ask Hollywood's two biggest fuck ups to adapt a chitty Chinese scifi novel. The whole thing is just amateur hour. D&D cannot write for shit, and they should really stop trying to.

I appreciate the contribution. I watched the whole thing too, and I didn’t hate it, but definitely saw some plot holes and writing deficiencies in there. I didn’t think the casting was great either. Thought the season was ok all in all, but it didn’t really live up to the hype in my opinion.

Been watching movies in the morning while I work through my inbox. I will just watch whatever is included on Amazon usually.

Sound of Freedom - 7/10

Seems like the Cons really dug this movie for some reason. It was fine. Nothing special. Kind of like a long episode of early Law and Order SVU

Knock at the Cabin - 7/10

Probably inflating the score here because I was expecting it to be absolute trash. Kept waiting for the twist and there was no twist, which was a nice twist.

The FX / Hulu version of Shogun concluded this week.

I haven't read the book.  I don't remember much of the Richard Chamberlain version, which is only available on DVD currently. 

This was a really good mini-series.  Excellent visuals, costumes, fight scenes, story lines.  Hulu also had a podcast for each episode featuring writers, directors, and cast, which helped to explain a lot of the historical context.

8 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

The FX / Hulu version of Shogun concluded this week.

I haven't read the book.  I don't remember much of the Richard Chamberlain version, which is only available on DVD currently. 

This was a really good mini-series.  Excellent visuals, costumes, fight scenes, story lines.  Hulu also had a podcast for each episode featuring writers, directors, and cast, which helped to explain a lot of the historical context.

The wife and I really enjoyed it

Very well done