• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

A Million Miles Away: amazon prime

This was a fantastic movie about a migrant mexican farm worker who became a shuttle astronaut. It has all of those elements you like to see in a feel-good movie; the main character has to fight through difficult circumstances to reach a goal. It's very well done and hits all the right notes. 

On 9/25/2023 at 10:44 AM, T.G. said:

Watched the movie - "The Covenent" starring Jake Gyllenhaal.  On Amazon Prime.

I enjoyed it.  It was a tad bit longer than it needed to be, IMO.  They could have cut out some of the scenes that dragged on.  Overall, worth watching though.

i watched this yesterday and liked it. it was a bit long in places but it was well done. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2023 at 2:51 PM, Slegnaac said:

I watched the first episode last night on FX.  Very good start to the season.

On 12/7/2023 at 10:04 AM, Don said:

The new season of Fargo is really really good so far. Some awesome casting

Through E3 and it's excellent. 

The Killing (American tv series) currently streaming on Hulu.

This is a series that was originally on AMC for 3 seasons back in 2011-2013, and concluded with the fourth season on Netflix.

It's primarily about two homicide detectives in Seattle and their investigations. Really good show, lots of excellent acting.

51 minutes ago, Jay said:

This is a series that was originally on AMC for 3 seasons back in 2011-2013, and concluded with the fourth season on Netflix.

It's primarily about two homicide detectives in Seattle and their investigations. Really good show, lots of excellent acting.

One of my all time favorites 

9 hours ago, Jay said:

8 hours ago, T.G. said:

Very good show

Oh snap!

20 hours ago, Jay said:

19 hours ago, T.G. said:

11 hours ago, Redondo said:

Very good show

Oh snap!

This is where Lou would step in and let me know if the show was actually good or if you guys were full of shit. 

10 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

This is where Lou would step in and let me know if the show was actually good or if you guys were full of shit. 

On 9/18/2022 at 12:59 PM, Lou said:

My favorite genre. 

If you haven't yet done so, try watching The Killing, The Bridge and Acquitted.

Also, while not Nordic, Fortitude is similar.

4 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I watched it on Lou's recommendation.

This

He recommended many of the shows I watched. He's the one that got me into foreign shows. 

He would list 10-15 shows at a time

We watched a lot of the same shows

Every once in awhile I'd recommended a show he hadn't seen.  It was rare

It was like showing your teenager how to do something on a smart phone

Special moments

On 12/15/2023 at 6:57 PM, Jay said:

we watched S1-3. it was a good series though i didn't always like her partner. he didn't really strike me as the detective type.

The Widow: amazon prime

stars kate beckinsale as a widow who goes to africa searching for her husband after he shows up on a news video after he's been dead for three years. we just finished E4 last night and there were a lot of twists and turns, making it even more intriguing. 

8 hours ago, Tank said:

stars kate beckinsale as a widow who goes to africa searching for her husband after he shows up on a news video after he's been dead for three years. we just finished E4 last night and there were a lot of twists and turns, making it even more intriguing. 

You had me at Kate Beckinsale.

On 12/17/2023 at 11:39 AM, Tank said:

I watched the first three episodes and it's excellent. Highly recommend it.  Looking forward to seeing how this story plays out.

I recently re-watched a show I saw several years ago called October Road.  It was only on for two seasons.  It aired in 2007 and 2008.   It is such a terrific show.  It's about an author (Bryan Greenberg) who returns to his home town after being away for 10 years.  He left for Europe ten years earlier and never went back... He returns to face his friends and ghosts from the past.  It also stars Jay Paulson, Laura Prepon, Tom Berringer, Geoff Stults, and others.  Great soundtrack throughout the series. 

I promise you, if you give the show a chance you will like it.  Great characters.  I think guys probably can relate to it more.  I enjoyed it all these years later watching it a second time.

The show ended prematurely.  It left a lot of questions unanswered; however, the crew came back to do a short finale that is availalble on YouTube to give the show's fans closure.  You can watch the original series on Hulu.

I finished "The Widow" on Amazon Prime.  I enjoyed it a lot. 

That being said, I struggle with how realistic shows like this are and how the pieces of an impossible puzzle comes together, etc., but that's just me. 

If you watch it for the entertainment value, it's good stuff.  Besides, looking at Kate Beckinsale is always a pleasure.

The Widow does have lots of interesting twists and turns and will hold your interest.

On 12/7/2023 at 12:04 PM, Don said:

The new season of Fargo is really really good so far. Some awesome casting

On 12/13/2023 at 3:31 PM, T.G. said:

Through E3 and it's excellent. 

On 12/13/2023 at 4:14 PM, Tank said:

it reminds me a lot of S1 and S2. those two seasons were excellent.

This new season is absolutely tremendous. Jennifer Jason Leigh is incredible. Hell, the whole cast is.

I'm pumped to see how Noah Hawley’s Alien series turns out.

1 minute ago, RallyMo said:

This new season is absolutely tremendous. Jennifer Jason Leigh is incredible. Hell, the whole cast is.

I'm all caught up on the episodes and it's outstanding TV. The whole cast IS absolutely terrific.

The characters are a little over the top, but it just works.

I received the official notice from Amazon Prime that they are now commercial television, just like the Networks, but you can pay extra to have their content commercial free.

However it doesn't cover all of the programming they acquire from Freevee or live sports events. Just finished Bosch's latest season and was Freevee content stuffed with commercial breaks. 

That $2.99 a month over the span of current subscribers is definitely keeping Bezos the richest bastard in the world.