• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On 12/28/2023 at 9:48 AM, Blarg said:

I received the official notice from Amazon Prime that they are now commercial television, just like the Networks, but you can pay extra to have their content commercial free.

However it doesn't cover all of the programming they acquire from Freevee or live sports events. Just finished Bosch's latest season and was Freevee content stuffed with commercial breaks. 

That $2.99 a month over the span of current subscribers is definitely keeping Bezos the richest bastard in the world.

This is why I'm cancelling Prime as of January.  For the yearly subscription price, it's just not worth it anymore.  Offline music streaming, only pay version.  Commercial free limited shows (lets face it, most of their stuff is crap).  Nope, have to pay for that also.  Really, the only thing I take advantage of is free shipping.  But even that you can get for free, if you spend enough.  Even Prime days, I have yet to see anything on my wishlist ever go on sale during that time. 

Movie:  Postcards from Earth  This is the movie at the Sphere in Las Vegas.  I went in with very high expectations.  This movie exceeded them.  It was just a phenomenal experience.  Really overwhelming.  It's pretty much now on the list of must experience things in Vegas.

Tips if you want to see it.  Ticket prices.  Range from $40-to way too much, you must be Adam level rich with money to burn $100 to $1000.  If you buy it direct from sphere, it goes from like $80-way too much.  You can get it from like ticketmaster and other brokers for in the $40 range.  Here is the kicker about this movie.  JMO, but the cheap $40 tickets are the best tickets to get.  The 300 section towards the top rows, and the 400 section towards the bottom rows are in my opinion the best seats.  The 100 and 200 are just too low and too close to the screen imo.  I was in one of the last few rows in the 300 section, and the screen was still past my peripheral vision.  Go to the early movie time.  I think it's 4:30.  Get there half an hour to an hour early.  If you get in the line from Venetian to the Sphere, the line stretches almost all the way to Venetian.  If you want to cheat, there is an entrance at ground level outside that is much shorter of a line.  The movie actually does not start till an hour after the "official" ticket starttime.  You will understand if you see the line.  But it starts promptly, and I don't think they let anyone in or out during the movie.  And yes, that includes going to the bathroom, which they close during the movie.  So make sure you go tinkle before the movie.  It's about a 40 minute movie. 

Here is some perspective on the screen.  Opening screen, and how the movie starts.

20231226_170729.jpg

Closing screen.

20231226_182404.jpg

Closing screen in panorama mode.

20231226_182425.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Holdovers is the best movie of last year and 2nd best behind Election for Alex Payne.  It's a cliche to say they don't make movies like this anymore but this kind of restored my faith in cinema this decade.  Also, that insult at end is hilarious.

Spoiler

You are penis cancer in human form.

On 12/7/2023 at 10:04 AM, Don said:

The new season of Fargo is really really good so far. Some awesome casting

On 12/13/2023 at 1:31 PM, T.G. said:

Through E3 and it's excellent. 

On 12/13/2023 at 2:14 PM, Tank said:

it reminds me a lot of S1 and S2. those two seasons were excellent. 

This season has been really, really good.  I am really looking forward to the final episode next week.

• 2 weeks later...

armageddon

was flipping channels last night and couldn't find anything else worth a look, so it was early enough in the movie and i thought why not. hadn't seen it since it was released in theaters, and watching it again last night reminded why that was a good decision - this movie is such a mess. it could've been a career-ender for a lot of the actors in it. the plot was . . . okay, but the visuals on the asteroid, the herky jerky cinematography, the special effects, a lot of the dialogue, and the fact that gravity followed them into space on both the shuttles and the asteroid just added to the nonsense. 

i'd rather watch a hallmark movie. 

Checked out a couple episodes of the new sitcom "Extended Family" and it's not funny.  Not funny at all.  Stars Jon Cryer, Donald Faison and Abigail Spencer.  Again... really not funny at all.

9 hours ago, Blarg said:

Jon Cryer has never been funny and they keep recycling his flat character thinking people tune in to watch him. He was always a second banana. 

if he plays the same character he played on two and a half men - and judging from the ads, he does - then there's no reason to tune in.

oh wait, he shaved his head. maybe i'll reconsider.

Baby Driver

have seen it mentioned here a few times over the years and found it on AMC or TBS or whatever last night. interesting story. 

the driving scenes were pretty intense, and i'm not sure how the tires survived very many of those takes. 

the mike myers masks were funny.

14 hours ago, Tank said:

Baby Driver

have seen it mentioned here a few times over the years and found it on AMC or TBS or whatever last night. interesting story. 

the driving scenes were pretty intense, and i'm not sure how the tires survived very many of those takes. 

the mike myers masks were funny.

The first ten minutes or so of that movie is absolutely masterful. One of the better heist/action sequences ever made.

4 hours ago, Don said:

The first ten minutes or so of that movie is absolutely masterful. One of the better heist/action sequences ever made.

i've been listening to hocus pocus a few times this afternoon.

On 1/19/2024 at 10:16 AM, T.G. said:

Checked out a couple episodes of the new sitcom "Extended Family" and it's not funny.  Not funny at all.  Stars Jon Cryer, Donald Faison and Abigail Spencer.  Again... really not funny at all.

Was it funny though?

Two episodes in to Masters of the Air and it’s really good. The flight/aerial combat scenes are really well done. Definitely relays the sheer terror of flying in one of those bombing raids.

started watching For All Mankind on Apple +.

saw the first two episodes and it's really interesting. works from the premise of "what if the soviets landed on the moon before we did?" i think a couple of people here have already watching it, but if you haven't, at least watch the first 2Es. 

we also finished watching Reacher and The Widow. Both ended about how you'd expect them to. I like the guy that plays Reacher. Very chill and low key, and doesn't waste time or words. 

On 1/18/2024 at 6:21 PM, Tank said:

armageddon

was flipping channels last night and couldn't find anything else worth a look, so it was early enough in the movie and i thought why not. hadn't seen it since it was released in theaters, and watching it again last night reminded why that was a good decision - this movie is such a mess. it could've been a career-ender for a lot of the actors in it. the plot was . . . okay, but the visuals on the asteroid, the herky jerky cinematography, the special effects, a lot of the dialogue, and the fact that gravity followed them into space on both the shuttles and the asteroid just added to the nonsense. 

i'd rather watch a hallmark movie. 

You can go straight to Hallmark hell with this take, sir.

This film’s CRITERION COLLECTION DVD is the only DVD that I have left. It’s glorious. The commentary is amazing.

This is big screen multiplex blockbuster perfection.