• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

37 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I remember going to the movies with my dad to see The Secret of Santa Victoria and The Blue Max and both movies had an intermission for bathroom and snack bar breaks. Yes, a complete story takes time but give the audience a chance to stay focused instead of just indure. 

I remember the breaks in the middle of movies

They should do the same thing with these long ones

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

I remember going to the movies with my dad to see The Secret of Santa Victoria and The Blue Max and both movies had an intermission for bathroom and snack bar breaks. Yes, a complete story takes time but give the audience a chance to stay focused instead of just indure. 

Spartacus, Reds (warren beatty movie), Ben Hur, and a few others as well.

it was really convenient to have a bathroom break in the middle of the movie and know you weren't going to miss anything.

Just did a rewatch of Band of Brothers. Hadn’t seen it since it first came out. The story is still great, and it doesn’t feel dated at all outside of some “kinda too much” musical choices that they made. Major Dick Winters remains the most thoroughly likable character in the history of TV (and perhaps just people). Ron Livingston and Damien Lewis are both amazing in their roles.

39 minutes ago, Don said:

Just did a rewatch of Band of Brothers. Hadn’t seen it since it first came out. The story is still great, and it doesn’t feel dated at all outside of some “kinda too much” musical choices that they made. Major Dick Winters remains the most thoroughly likable character in the history of TV (and perhaps just people). Ron Livingston and Damien Lewis are both amazing in their roles.

I watched it a couple weeks ago. Any DDay story reminds us how we really just accepted massive casualties to get that foothold in Europe. Whether on the plane waiting to jump or on the boat waiting to hit the beach I can’t imagine what they must’ve carried for the rest of their lives. 

What was amazing is how little resistance there was on the other beachheads.

Teddy Roosevelt Jr. landed about a mile off course on Utah Beach and walked ashore. Instead of trying to regroup at the proposed landing zone they commenced their attack from where they were and secured the area with Roosevelt, like his father, out in front directing the fight. A month later he died in his sleep from a heart attack. The Germans couldn't kill him but health did.

His son, Quentin Roosevelt II, somehow survived the Omaha beach landing only to die two years after the war ended in a plane crash in China. 

Teddy Jr.'s brother, Kermit, committed suicide in Alaska in June of 1942.

Quentin Roosevelt I, died in aerial combat in WWI. The first of Teddy Roosevelt Sr.'s sons to die. 

Only Archibald survived both war years, having been wounded in WWI and WWII, being hit in the same knee. He lived to age 85. 

An entire mini series could be created following those four lives. 

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

Do you need to watch the movies or read the books to follow along?

It will be easier to follow and enjoy if you have seen any of The Lord of the Rings movies and you already know that you enjoy that genre. Otherwise give it a try, it's an incredible made-for-tv experience. 

Amazon Prime:

Bosch Legacy. S2.  Through E4 so far.

If you liked the other seasons, you'll like this too.  I think it's okay.  Not great.  Not bad.  It can be a little over the top, but again - if you like the older stuff, you'll also like this.

7 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Amazon Prime:

If you liked the other seasons, you'll like this too.  I think it's okay.  Not great.  Not bad.  It can be a little over the top, but again - if you like the older stuff, you'll also like this.

I liked it but I like all the Bosch stuff.

Spoiler

Especially the appearance by Lance Reddick, that made me happy.

Edited by Jay

6 hours ago, T.G. said:

Amazon Prime:

we just finished it on sunday. another well done season.

7 hours ago, Tank said:

started watching The Pacific yesterday. got through E4. am going to try and finish it this week.

so far, it's been a really good compliment to band of brothers, but it also stands up well on it's own. definitely worth watching.

@Tank Where are you watching it?

On 11/21/2023 at 10:42 PM, Tank said:

started watching The Pacific yesterday. got through E4. am going to try and finish it this week.

so far, it's been a really good compliment to band of brothers, but it also stands up well on it's own. definitely worth watching.

Got to the final episode of the Pacific and a lovely little pop up said I had to subscribe to hbo max in order to watch it. Thanks, thanks a lot, history channel. 😡

Prime:  Everything Everywhere All at Once  Finally was able to see this sucker.  It just got on prime btw.  Very trippy movie.  Very unique.  Michelle Yeoh and Key Huan Quan definitely deserved their Oscars in this one.  Jamie Lee Curtis, I thought Stephanie Hsu was much better and should have won.  This is one of those Inception type of movies where you have to see it a few times to really figure out what is going on.  Definitely worth the watch. 

On 11/24/2023 at 8:38 AM, gotbeer said:

Prime:  Everything Everywhere All at Once  Finally was able to see this sucker.  It just got on prime btw.  Very trippy movie.  Very unique.  Michelle Yeoh and Key Huan Quan definitely deserved their Oscars in this one.  Jamie Lee Curtis, I thought Stephanie Hsu was much better and should have won.  This is one of those Inception type of movies where you have to see it a few times to really figure out what is going on.  Definitely worth the watch. 

My wife and I sat down to watch this. We got about 40 minutes into it and my wife said, "this is stupid." I didn't disagree and was actually surprised it took her that long to say it. So we switched to something else. The other night my wife had bunco with her friends so I decided to watch the rest of the movie. Kind of mind-numbing but I got through it. It gets an A for originality but that's about it for me. Not the first time that AMPAS have left us scratching our heads.

On 11/21/2023 at 3:53 PM, Jay said:

I liked it but I like all the Bosch stuff.

Reveal hidden contents

I finished S2 of Bosch Legacy.  I enjoyed it.  It got better as the season went on for me.  I'd recommend it.