• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On 6/23/2023 at 4:47 PM, WicketMaiden said:

37 Days - One Month in Summer - a dramatisation of the events leading up to the first world war.

This is very well made and very informative. A must see for anyone interested in how major conflicts begin, or in that particular time in history. Well worth your time.

th-1349407412.jpg

This sounds great.

5 hours ago, Lou said:

This sounds great.

I binged all three episodes back to back. Very interesting stuff and thought provoking too. 

Before the war - which was the first fully mechanised war in history - one of the characters asks (I'm paraphrasing here): how does an army of several million men, carrying automatic weapons and heavy machinery, defeat another army of several million men, who also have automatic weapons and heavy machinery?

The answer of course is, you don't. You just steadily degrade each other over time until one of you is destroyed just slightly less than the other and everybody quits. Nobody wins, apart from those funding it.

7 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

I binged all three episodes back to back. Very interesting stuff and thought provoking too. 

Before the war - which was the first fully mechanised war in history - one of the characters asks (I'm paraphrasing here): how does an army of several million men, carrying automatic weapons and heavy machinery, defeat another army of several million men, who also have automatic weapons and heavy machinery?

The answer of course is, you don't. You just steadily degrade each other over time until one of you is destroyed just slightly less than the other and everybody quits. Nobody wins, apart from those funding it.

US motto for WW1 and WW2.

Claim To Fame S2 - ABC & Hulu

Reality competition consisting of 12 Celibrity relatives.  The goal is for the players to figure out everyone else's Claim to Fame while keeping theirs a secret.

Episode 1 finished with some major drama.  Looks like it will be a good season.

Spoiler

The player that got exposed had a MAJOR melt down that they chose to show.  Yikes.

Chris looks like an Osmond to me.

10 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Claim To Fame S2 - ABC & Hulu

Reality competition consisting of 12 Celibrity relatives.  The goal is for the players to figure out everyone else's Claim to Fame while keeping theirs a secret.

Episode 1 finished with some major drama.  Looks like it will be a good season.

Hide contents

The player that got exposed had a MAJOR melt down that they chose to show.  Yikes.

Chris looks like an Osmond to me.

I heard about this show and thought it would be funny if someone is the third cousin of George Clooney's wife, or something.

Hijack on Apple TV +

As the title suggests it's an airborne thriller which has obviously been done before. What makes this show different remains to be seen. Nevertheless, two episodes in, the show is good. I have been a fan of Idris Elba since The Wire.

49 minutes ago, Tank said:

Training Day

i'm probably the last person here to see it, but i finally did last night. very intense but well done. and for being just one shift on one day, that was jack bauer level crazy.

Now that you mention it, I may go watch it again.

54 minutes ago, Tank said:

Training Day

i'm probably the last person here to see it, but i finally did last night. very intense but well done. and for being just one shift on one day, that was jack bauer level crazy.

Really good movie, just funny that you decided to check it out now. What made today (yesterday) the day?

On 6/28/2023 at 8:54 AM, Taylor said:

I heard about this show and thought it would be funny if someone is the third cousin of George Clooney's wife, or something.

It seems that the Producers are limiting it to siblings, children, grandchildren, niece or nephew relationships. 

Spoiler

I am pretty sure Hugo is the grandson of Henry Kissinger.

He said his celebrity's highest award was a Nobel Peace Prize, and at one time he was the "most powerful man in the world."

I am 7 episodes in on The Bear, S2 on Hulu and I love this show.  E7 was far and away the best episode so far.  I love the characters.  They seem real.  They're flawed just like real people, but there is something redeeming about each one.  When I watch this show, it doesn't feel like I'm watching actors.  It feels like I'm peaking inside the lives of real people.  I highly recommend this show.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

saw it this afternoon and it was very meh. Seems like it was made primarily for everyone who saw Raiders back in the theater when it was originally released. It’s hard for a guy in his 70s to make an action movie, and there were definitely points where the script accommodated his age or CGI/stunt double was used. The best parts of this movie focus on solving clues to find a treasure. 

We find out why his son is not in this movie (played by Shia Le Bouef in the last Indy movie), and we get an update on his marriage to Marion. 

There’s speculation that someone from this movie will carry on the franchise without Ford. I see it as possible. 

It has a sweet ending that the old timers will appreciate. 

The Idol: HBO

This was panned by critics and viewers alike, and I think unjustly. It covers some dark subjects in between all the beautiful, almost naked, people on view. Odd that they made in 5 episodes instead of the original 6, but it still ends in an OK place.

Lily-Rose Depp is stunning in the lead role.

The-Idol-Lily-Rose-Depp-Weeknd-hbo-post2-146126872.jpg

On 6/30/2023 at 5:40 PM, T.G. said:

I am 7 episodes in on The Bear, S2 on Hulu and I love this show.  E7 was far and away the best episode so far.  I love the characters.  They seem real.  They're flawed just like real people, but there is something redeeming about each one.  When I watch this show, it doesn't feel like I'm watching actors.  It feels like I'm peaking inside the lives of real people.  I highly recommend this show.

Just finished E7 of S2 and you’re not wrong man. 

A Town Called Malice: Crime drama

Settled down to watch this with fairly high hopes - set in the 1980's with a good soundtrack, in South London and southern Spain a crime family try to get back to the top. Nice idea, but the execution is so bad I'd almost recommend it just to see how bad it really is.

The script is so poor (and I'm being kind), the acting is awful, so wooden and forced, and I have no idea what the director was doing. Twenty minutes in to episode one I had to check to see whether it was meant to be a parody type of comedy. It's so bad it makes you laugh and it has a great soundtrack.

th-1947253680.jpg.88795df55840ef8a99ccbd451d33738a.jpg