• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Finished S2 of The Bear on Hulu.  Just an excellent show.  It's really a story of people who might have been counted out finding purpose and joy again.  Last episode was pretty intense.  Just a well written and well acted show.  This show will surprise you with how good it is.

6 hours ago, T.G. said:

Finished S2 of The Bear on Hulu.  Just an excellent show.  It's really a story of people who might have been counted out finding purpose and joy again.  Last episode was pretty intense.  Just a well written and well acted show.  This show will surprise you with how good it is.

It really is fantastic writing, and the characters are incredibly believable and authentic. The only nitpick I really have is Richie’s character. For most of the show I think they write him a bit more over the top than they really need to. Like you could dial that character back about fifty percent and you’d still get the same desired effect while also creating a more realistic version of that one dude everyone knows.

3 minutes ago, Don said:

It really is fantastic writing, and the characters are incredibly believable and authentic. The only nitpick I really have is Richie’s character. For most of the show I think they write him a bit more over the top than they really need to. Like you could dial that character back about fifty percent and you’d still get the same desired effect while also creating a more realistic version of that one dude everyone knows.

In the end, he became my favorite character, but you're right... they could have dialed him back a tad in the earlier episodes. 

There are these moments in the show, when a character realizes someone believes in them and they smile or react in a way that shows their confidence instantly go up and it's just perfect. 

23 hours ago, T.G. said:

It's mostly good but I think they went too far with the "Fishes" episode. I almost turned it off.

After that it got better with Eps 7-10 but the finale kind of fell flat for me.

On 6/27/2023 at 12:47 AM, Tank said:

Just bought my ticket for a first showing of the new Indiana Jones movie on Friday morning. 

IMG_2639.jpeg

On 6/30/2023 at 9:46 PM, Tank said:

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

saw it this afternoon and it was very meh. Seems like it was made primarily for everyone who saw Raiders back in the theater when it was originally released. It’s hard for a guy in his 70s to make an action movie, and there were definitely points where the script accommodated his age or CGI/stunt double was used. The best parts of this movie focus on solving clues to find a treasure. 

We find out why his son is not in this movie (played by Shia Le Bouef in the last Indy movie), and we get an update on his marriage to Marion. 

There’s speculation that someone from this movie will carry on the franchise without Ford. I see it as possible. 

It has a sweet ending that the old timers will appreciate. 

I loved it. They almost lost me with the third act, but this movie kicked ass. They didn’t try to reinvent the wheel or anything here and that was the right choice. It’s basically one long chase, which was perfect. Phoebe Waller-Bridge was great and her character had so much more potential as a successor to Indy than Shia LeBouf’s. With that said, I don’t think they should continue and they certainly don’t seem to try to make it set in stone like they did at the end of Crystal Skull.

I honestly don’t understand the critical reaction to this film, just like I didn’t understand the critical reaction to The Little Mermaid. Like that one, the audience scores for Indy are more in line with most filmgoers’ experience. This movie hits just the note it needs to. Speaking of notes, you gotta love John Williams.

4 hours ago, Alfred O. Griffin said:

I loved it. They almost lost me with the third act, but this movie kicked ass. They didn’t try to reinvent the wheel or anything here and that was the right choice. It’s basically one long chase, which was perfect. Phoebe Waller-Bridge was great and her character had so much more potential as a successor to Indy than Shia LeBouf’s. With that said, I don’t think they should continue and they certainly don’t seem to try to make it set in stone like they did at the end of Crystal Skull.

I honestly don’t understand the critical reaction to this film, just like I didn’t understand the critical reaction to The Little Mermaid. Like that one, the audience scores for Indy are more in line with most filmgoers’ experience. This movie hits just the note it needs to. Speaking of notes, you gotta love John Williams.

I thought it was a lot of fun. The twist was pretty cool.

On 6/30/2023 at 7:46 PM, Tank said:

saw it this afternoon and it was very meh. Seems like it was made primarily for everyone who saw Raiders back in the theater when it was originally released. It’s hard for a guy in his 70s to make an action movie, and there were definitely points where the script accommodated his age or CGI/stunt double was used. The best parts of this movie focus on solving clues to find a treasure. 

We find out why his son is not in this movie (played by Shia Le Bouef in the last Indy movie), and we get an update on his marriage to Marion. 

There’s speculation that someone from this movie will carry on the franchise without Ford. I see it as possible. 

4 hours ago, Alfred O. Griffin said:

Spoiler

Saw it while in Vegas.  I thought it was ok.  It wasn't great, it wasn't bad.  A lot of nostalgia.  And old people acting young.  The CGI in the beginning was good.  Really puts a dillema in the would you rather see another remake of an original classic with a different cast, or a sequel to a classic with cgi'd characters.  Because I wouldn't have minded a entire action movie like the opening.  The music defnitely was a high note.  I did like how they incorporated the Nazi's into a late 60's film.  I was a bit meh on Phoebe's character.  It would have been one thing if she was an archeologist.  But she was just a thief that used her fathers information to try and steal and  sell the artifact.  Ending was probably as good as you could have done it with Marion.  

Apple TV: The Morning Show, S1 and S2

Behind the scenes look at America’s most popular morning show and the mess of humanity when the cameras are off. Steve Carrell is a beloved anchor who is fired for his actions during the #metoo craziness, and deservedly so. Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon are also in it. 

While the overall storyline is interesting, the way everyone treats each other is incredibly toxic and barbaric. There’s nothing redeeming about any of them. 

On 6/30/2023 at 9:46 PM, Tank said:

I thought it was alright. Not like amazing, but not nearly as bad as some critics indicated. Just a solid movie theater adventure movie. I am still wondering why Indy retired from his prof position in the middle of the semester though.

Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning, part 1

saw it last night with my brother. fantastic action movie. if you've been a fan of the series, then you'll enjoy this one.

they introduce a new character played by hayley atwell, and she doesn't disappoint. she played agent carter in the captain america movie so she'll look familiar. she adds a new and interesting dimension to the series. 

there's a typical car chase that goes on a bit too long, but i don't think there was anything else that disappointed. 

1 hour ago, Alfred O. Griffin said:

You should probably not go see it, which seems likely to be what happens for you. You should do something that you’ll enjoy! Cheers!

I was just making a general comment... it wasn't directed at you specifically.

Not a movie I'd go see for sure. 

Hope you enjoy it though.

On 7/16/2023 at 6:04 PM, Redondo said:

Jack Ryan S4 on Amazon

Really solid ending to this season

Sound like this will be the last one

Agree S4 was good but I think I liked S3 better.

I read that there's a spinoff in the works for the Ding Chavez character.

7 hours ago, Tank said:

saw it last night with my brother. fantastic action movie. if you've been a fan of the series, then you'll enjoy this one.

they introduce a new character played by hayley atwell, and she doesn't disappoint. she played agent carter in the captain america movie so she'll look familiar. she adds a new and interesting dimension to the series. 

there's a typical car chase that goes on a bit too long, but i don't think there was anything else that disappointed. 

This one was awesome. The last four of these have been great. I could do without 2 and 3, but this franchise is where it’s at for action films. The car chase did go on too long, but I laughed at the donuts in the Fiat. It seemed they went for more laughs this time around.

13 minutes ago, Alfred O. Griffin said:

This one was awesome. The last four of these have been great. I could do without 2 and 3, but this franchise is where it’s at for action films. The car chase did go on too long, but I laughed at the donuts in the Fiat. It seemed they went for more laughs this time around.

The 4th one (Ghost Protocol) is the one that turned the series into a much watch franchise. The 3rd one didn't have as great of a story or action as the more recent films but Philip Seymour Hoffman was incredible in it. It's worth rewatching just for him. 

On 7/18/2023 at 1:46 PM, Tank said:

Just saw it.  I really did like Hayley Atwell's character.  It was a typical MI film.  Although I didn't think it had as many twists as past MI films.  Just IMO, but this one lacked the suspense of an impossible mission that turned at the end.  This one was kind of predictable.  Also, for some reason, the special effects bugged me on this film.  Usually it's seamless, and you get drawn into the action.  In this one, there just seemed to be too many incidents of this was done on a green screen moments.  Especially on the train, where there was one scene that the green screen seemed to be off, like blurry or grainy or something and looked totally like a 80's action flick.  But it was overall a good flick.  

On 7/18/2023 at 1:46 PM, Tank said:

I watched it last night. Non stop action as the entire movie was be long chase. I’m looking forward to part 2 now. 

12 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Just saw it.  I really did like Hayley Atwell's character.  It was a typical MI film.  Although I didn't think it had as many twists as past MI films.  Just IMO, but this one lacked the suspense of an impossible mission that turned at the end.  This one was kind of predictable.  Also, for some reason, the special effects bugged me on this film.  Usually it's seamless, and you get drawn into the action.  In this one, there just seemed to be too many incidents of this was done on a green screen moments.  Especially on the train, where there was one scene that the green screen seemed to be off, like blurry or grainy or something and looked totally like a 80's action flick.  But it was overall a good flick.  

Yeah, the CGI did look a bit off but the movie and the story were good. Not a lot of twists because there really wasn’t supposed to be an end as it is just a part 1. I think we are more likely to see that stuff in the next one.