• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On 7/20/2023 at 12:53 AM, gotbeer said:

Just saw it.  I really did like Hayley Atwell's character.  It was a typical MI film.  Although I didn't think it had as many twists as past MI films.  Just IMO, but this one lacked the suspense of an impossible mission that turned at the end.  This one was kind of predictable.  Also, for some reason, the special effects bugged me on this film.  Usually it's seamless, and you get drawn into the action.  In this one, there just seemed to be too many incidents of this was done on a green screen moments.  Especially on the train, where there was one scene that the green screen seemed to be off, like blurry or grainy or something and looked totally like a 80's action flick.  But it was overall a good flick.  

I appreciated that it took all of the technology out of the protagonist’s hands. Of course, there’s just about nothing that they can’t do anyway by franchise definition, but that was a good pivot.

McQuarrie is just a really solid film maker. That train scene was straight up awesome. Yes, you could see CGI in it, but it was brilliantly executed.

Amazon: The Consultant

Found this just by accident and couldn’t stop watching. It stars Christopher Waltz as this smarmy consultant who takes over a software company after the death of its leader (by a Glendale middle school student on a field trip). 
It’s got some real interesting twists in it. I’m liking this one a lot. 

21 hours ago, Tank said:

Amazon: The Consultant

Found this just by accident and couldn’t stop watching. It stars Christopher Waltz as this smarmy consultant who takes over a software company after the death of its leader (by a Glendale middle school student on a field trip). 
It’s got some real interesting twists in it. I’m liking this one a lot. 

Just finished watching this series

Good mystery with some twists

Different platform and not for everyone

I enjoyed it as it was different than most series on streaming

Below explains some of what went on that you can read after watching it

Edited by Redondo

On 7/22/2023 at 12:15 AM, Slegnaac said:

SPOILERS!

Now some people are going to be thinking about green screens. 

Yeah, I hate that shit and it reminds me of the Game of Thrones thread where Cezero would talk about the book and then play innocent, not realizing some of us are smart and pick up the details and it ruined the experience.

Even if you drop what you think is an innocuous comment, realize a lot of us are intelligent and what happens is it hinders our viewing. I don't really come too much anymore, as my postings show, but I hated how some people gave reviews and basically wrote the whole movie or important parts out and ruined it. Give your fucking opinion about how you felt about a show or movie, but getting into the specifics ruins it for most of us. That's even why I changed the title of the thread.

On 7/6/2023 at 7:38 AM, T.G. said:

Finished S2 of The Bear on Hulu.  Just an excellent show.  It's really a story of people who might have been counted out finding purpose and joy again.  Last episode was pretty intense.  Just a well written and well acted show.  This show will surprise you with how good it is.

220px-Jeremy_Allen_White,_AT&T_Center,_2

The bear

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ66oaFWgprWGsnPtNDrF1

The Wonka

On 7/24/2023 at 9:55 AM, Make Angels Great Again said:

Nolan hit it out of the park again with Oppenheimer.

It's basically just a pure dialog movie. So some might find it boring, but the dialog is so fucking good.

Saw it in IMAX 70mm. Holy crap that’s a hell of an achievement. Absolutely wonderful.

3 hours ago, Alfred O. Griffin said:

Saw it in IMAX 70mm. Holy crap that’s a hell of an achievement. Absolutely wonderful.

I saw it in one of the dolby theaters. I thought about 70mm but the one in Nashville had literally zero opens seats for days. Hope I don't regret that, since true 70mm is so rare.

Dolby was good enough for me though. Definitely felt the rumble when the bomb went off.

27 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I saw it in one of the dolby theaters. I thought about 70mm but the one in Nashville had literally zero opens seats for days. Hope I don't regret that, since true 70mm is so rare.

Dolby was good enough for me though. Definitely felt the rumble when the bomb went off.

I was so pumped to see actual film, which is weird. The use of the full IMAX screen was just amazing. The countdown and detonation were just jaw dropping and truly induced emotion.

With that said, Dolby Cinema is absolutely awesome and is in general the best way to see a movie. Atmos is so great and the in-seat subs they have definitely make a difference.

22 hours ago, Alfred O. Griffin said:

I was so pumped to see actual film, which is weird. The use of the full IMAX screen was just amazing. The countdown and detonation were just jaw dropping and truly induced emotion.

With that said, Dolby Cinema is absolutely awesome and is in general the best way to see a movie. Atmos is so great and the in-seat subs they have definitely make a difference.

I found Oppenheimer to be a very good film but not worthy of the hype. It was quite long and really gives us nothing we don't already know. It serves as a reminder that the FBI was just as corrupt back then as it is today.

On 7/26/2023 at 7:57 PM, Jay said:

I found Oppenheimer to be a very good film but not worthy of the hype. It was quite long and really gives us nothing we don't already know. It serves as a reminder that the FBI was just as corrupt back then as it is today.

It wasn’t revelatory or anything, but it was a really well-done movie with good writing and acting, and excellent cinematography. Well worth seeing in the theater.

• 3 weeks later...

Was sitting in a restaurant yesterday evening waiting for my to-go order to be made. A guy sitting next to struck up a conversation with me, and through our discussion he recommended I watch Vicente Fernandez on Netflix. Pretty random stuff.

Has anyone here seen it? Thoughts? 

Have been home for the past week or so, had to take some time off work. Flew by faster than I expected... didn't get close to half done what I swore I would

But made a day to relax and watch movies (haven't done that in years)

Watched "Everest". Few years old now. Wasn't at all what I expected it to be. I thought it would be some cheesy action kind of movie. Was really surprised at what it was.

Very sad story. And very well done movie. Really recommend it.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Have been home for the past week or so, had to take some time off work. Flew by faster than I expected... didn't get close to half done what I swore I would

But made a day to relax and watch movies (haven't done that in years)

Watched "Everest". Few years old now. Wasn't at all what I expected it to be. I thought it would be some cheesy action kind of movie. Was really surprised at what it was.

Very sad story. And very well done movie. Really recommend it.

Who did you punch, shoot, or fondle?

Movies:  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mutant Mayhem  So took advantage of the $4 tix, and like last year saw a film I would probably never had watched.  This one surprised me, and it was very entertaining.  I would have thought the animation style would have turned me off.  But like spiderman, the unusual style they used really worked.  A lot of 70-90's references, and really 70-90's humor.  I really think this one was geared more towards adults who grew up watching TMNT, than to children who just have a vague familiarity with them.  Worth the watch if it pops up on your streaming service and you are a fan.

Prime:  Dungeons and Dragons Honor Among Thieves  This is one of those movies I had low expectations for going in.  I mean another D&D movie after all the bombs.  But this one was quite enjoyable.  A good amount of comedy, a good amount of action, a D&D story that didn't seem forced.  A fun movie if you are looking for a movie to watch.