• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

12 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I cancelled Prime. Its mostly all garbage anyway.

I did so a few months ago also.  Actually I've been saving a lot more money also, since I don't make that binge frivolous purchase, because it's cheap and it's free shipping and it's shiny and new.  Those purchases add up quite a bit.  Their streaming sucks with commercials, and you have to pay even more to get rid of it.  Their music sucks, since you can't even stream your playlist anymore, without paying even more to listen to it.  Their reading stuff sucks, without paying more.  Really I've found I'm better off without streaming everything all the time.  Spotify let's me stream my playlist, with commercials every so often but still minimal, and still free.  And I like the Kobo better than the Kindle, because on the Kobo you can connect to the public library.  So I just borrow anything I want to read.  

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I did so a few months ago also.  Actually I've been saving a lot more money also, since I don't make that binge frivolous purchase, because it's cheap and it's free shipping and it's shiny and new.  Those purchases add up quite a bit.  Their streaming sucks with commercials, and you have to pay even more to get rid of it.  Their music sucks, since you can't even stream your playlist anymore, without paying even more to listen to it.  Their reading stuff sucks, without paying more.  Really I've found I'm better off without streaming everything all the time.  Spotify let's me stream my playlist, with commercials every so often but still minimal, and still free.  And I like the Kobo better than the Kindle, because on the Kobo you can connect to the public library.  So I just borrow anything I want to read.  

The thing I noticed with Prime was, the 2 day thing was inconsistent anyway. Like, I could order something and it would still take 4 days sometimes, or the order would get cancelled or some items were not eligible. If you spend over $35 or whatever you still get the free two day shipping, so it started to feel like I was paying them for nothing.

As for the streaming component, with all the services being so crappy these days I was inspired by Lou to set up my own streaming service. 

On 2/28/2024 at 8:11 AM, Redondo said:

The Outsider on HBO

Stars Jason Bateman

Based on Steven King book

3 episodes in and so far it's good

Not fond of the way they ended it

Dragged it out and a lot of it was really phony

Anyone else see this? 

On 2/28/2024 at 12:19 PM, Redondo said:

Amazon is now charging for shows that used to be free. And I just upgraded to no ads for another $2.99 month.

@Tank I believe I watched Mare on HBO

we don't have hbo or max, but thanks for the heads up. 

On 3/8/2024 at 3:28 PM, Redondo said:

Shogun on Hulu 

New version 

3 episode released. They come out weekly

Very well done so far

Actually it's on FX and then they replay the episodes on Hulu.

We've been enjoying it even though the Japanese characters speak Japanese so you have to read along with subtitles. It's good though.

20 hours ago, Jay said:

Actually it's on FX and then they replay the episodes on Hulu.

We've been enjoying it even though the Japanese characters speak Japanese so you have to read along with subtitles. It's good though.

Actually, it's available on Hulu before it airs on FX...I watched episode 4 this morning.

I think of all the movies my wife has to watch every time they are on, the absolute worst is Mama Mia. They actually put 5 different actors into the cast that cannot sing and made a musical. It is absolutely horrendous. 

Holmes on Prime is excellent. Ian McKellen creates believable twin characters of the same man, a infinitely confident Holmes the detective and a 93 year old Holmes desperately trying to remember important facts in his last case that forced him to retire, as his mind slips towards senility. 

Tokyo Vice on HBO

American journalist gets a job working for the Meicho newspaper

He gets involved with the Yakuza while investigating them

Have to use CC to get all the details

I'm into the 2nd season and liking it

I keep coming back to this thread every couple weeks hoping for more reviews and discussion. So much interesting stuff has come out in the last few months, yet I hear virtually nothing from all of you. I need you guys to get it together. K, thanks.