• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

You can go straight to Hallmark hell with this take, sir.

This film’s CRITERION COLLECTION DVD is the only DVD that I have left. It’s glorious. The commentary is amazing.

This is big screen multiplex blockbuster perfection.

well, i stand corrected! 

at our next aw get together, if you'll bring the crow, i'll eat it. 

Tennison: Prime Suspect

was under the impression this show was several seasons long. nope. one season, six episodes. it was good and i'd definitely watch more but that isn't going to happen.

it's a typical british police dept drama where the young female constable is looked down on by her older, more experienced male peers but has insights they miss that helps solve the case. worth watching.

On 2/4/2024 at 8:30 PM, Redondo said:

Finished S5 of Fargo

That was crazy and really strange

My wife says she's never moving to North Dakota 

That was great. The end was a bit strange for sure, but still good. Probably the 3rd best season.

On 2/7/2024 at 8:49 PM, Jay said:

Mr. & Mrs. Smith on Amazon Prime is good.

Limited series only 8 episodes.

Inspired by the original movie.

we started watching it on saturday night. When there's action, it's pretty good. But it's the other 57 minutes of each episode that's too tedious and slow. 

27 minutes ago, Tank said:

we started watching it on saturday night. When there's action, it's pretty good. But it's the other 57 minutes of each episode that's too tedious and slow. 

If it's 60 minutes.  Then that's about 18 minutes in commercials.  Pass.

Iron Eagle

it was on cable last night, so for giggles i thought i'd tune in and see how doug & chappie are doing and if it was possibly any better than the last time i saw it. watched for about 10-15 minutes and it's still as crappy as ever.

i'm sorry, @ten ocho recon scout. i just couldn't get onboard with it. 

On 2/7/2024 at 8:49 PM, Jay said:

Mr. & Mrs. Smith on Amazon Prime is good.

Limited series only 8 episodes.

Inspired by the original movie.

we finished watching it last night. it was so dry and boring that we skipped E7 and went directly to E8. we didn't feel like we missed anything, either.

my wife and i are in complete agreement that if there's a S2, we won't be watching. their relationship was tedious, and that's the most polite word i can think of. it's the epitome of love-hate, but it isn't remotely interesting. 

Spoiler

before the smiths have their big shootout in their apartment, john's mom is there and surprises jane. however, she wasn't present during the shooting and we couldn't figure out what happened to her. any clues? did she leave and we just missed it? that seemed like an important thing.

12 hours ago, T.G. said:

Finally saw "Ford vs. Ferrari" and I enjoyed it a lot. Christian Bale is a terrific actor.

Best Batman.  But yeah, it was a fun movie.  Don't hear or see much about those 24 hour endurance races much anymore.  

3 hours ago, Redondo said:

Mare of Easttown with Kate Winslet

Some slow parts, but well acted

Overall worth the watch

we watched one episode and liked it, but stopped because it required a subscription to some channel or we'd have to pay individually for each episode. my wife didn't want to do either (she was the one who wanted to watch this) so we await that glorious day in the future where it's available for free.

and we're STILL waiting on Line of Duty S6 to be shown on amazon prime. what's taking those wankers so long? it's been over three years since it aired.