• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Don't know if it counts for this thread but I saw Book of Mormon at the Pantages.  First off, I love that theater.  It's a show in itself just sitting in your seat and looking around before the play starts.  As for the play...by far the funniest play I've ever seen.  Well-acted, the stage dynamics are a treat to watch (how seamlessly they transition from scene to scene), good story, just a great play all the way around.  Highest recommendation, with the caveat that it has repeated usage of words I've never heard uttered in a play before.  

do they say besmirched?

• 2 weeks later...

American Hustle 9.5/10

Working a con game within a con game was well done. Good acting, good music, and a really interesting story.

The wife of the mayor of Camden looked familiar but I couldn't place her. Turns out she was Elizabeth Rohm who was an ADA on Law & Order. I thought she was excellent and beautiful. I can see oscars for Bale and Adams.

American Hustle 9.5/10

Working a con game within a con game was well done. Good acting, good music, and a really interesting story.

The wife of the mayor of Camden looked familiar but I couldn't place her. Turns out she was Elizabeth Rohm who was an ADA on Law & Order. I thought she was excellent and beautiful. I can see oscars for Bale and Adams.

No way does Bale win an Oscar. He's solid in it and I love Bale, but the competition is ridiculous against him. Ejiofor deserves it in my opinion. 

Even Adams is a longshot going against Blanchett in Blue Jasmine and Judi Dench in Philomena.

Unfortunately, the one I could see winning, is the one I feel was the weakest in the movie, Jennifer Lawrence. Lupita N'yongo should take that one though hopefully.

Anyway, I watched the original Robocop trilogy recently. Still love the original, can't go wrong with Miguel Ferrer, Ronny Cox and Kurtwood Smith as villains.

Part 2 and 3 each are pretty bad, 3 moreso than 2.

Don't know if it counts for this thread but I saw Book of Mormon at the Pantages.  First off, I love that theater.  It's a show in itself just sitting in your seat and looking around before the play starts.  As for the play...by far the funniest play I've ever seen.  Well-acted, the stage dynamics are a treat to watch (how seamlessly they transition from scene to scene), good story, just a great play all the way around.  Highest recommendation, with the caveat that it has repeated usage of words I've never heard uttered in a play before.  

I've seen it in both NY and LA. I laughed 'til I cried both times. Your boy John Kerry was in the crowd when I saw it in NY.

The Pantages is awesome. We're lucky to live near such a great theater. My sister lives across the street and told me this little nugget of information: The Pantages was built during the Great Depression and was originally built to hold high rise apartments over it but the funds weren't there to complete it. With the recent housing boom in the area people have been kicking the idea around to build on top of it. Either way, the Hollywood/Vine area has gone from being completely seedy to a fun spot to go out and have a good time.

stiil watching downton abbey.

just finished first few episodes of latest season.

man what a show. poor anna.

Every episode this season has been fantastic. Probably my favorite show on TV right now. The relationship between the old Crawley ladies is hilarious. It's a nice balance since the Ana story is so heavy (along with some other plots)

Since cancelling my Directv (don't miss it at all), I've been watching alot of Hulu Plus.

I finished the first three seasons of Hill Street Blues, which is where Anthony Yerkovich, creator of Miami Vice, got his start as a writer.  It's def. dated, but it's a good ensemble show.  Groundbreaking writing and James Sikking as Lt. Hunter is outsdanding.  "Frankheim?  Is that name even American?"  "Judas H. Priest, Frank!"

I'm also watching "Hunter."  Dee Dee McCall gets the crap beaten out of her alot.  Hunter often has to save her.  Must have driven Gloria Alred nuts when it first ran.

I'm also watching "Simon & Simon."  I've only seen the first two episodes from 1981.  Having flashbacks to when I wore OP cords. 

Television has come a very long way.

Since cancelling my Directv (don't miss it at all), I've been watching alot of Hulu Plus.

I finished the first three seasons of Hill Street Blues, which is where Anthony Yerkovich, creator of Miami Vice, got his start as a writer.  It's def. dated, but it's a good ensemble show.  Groundbreaking writing and James Sikking as Lt. Hunter is outsdanding.  "Frankheim?  Is that name even American?"  "Judas H. Priest, Frank!"

I'm also watching "Hunter."  Dee Dee McCall gets the crap beaten out of her alot.  Hunter often has to save her.  Must have driven Gloria Alred nuts when it first ran.

I'm also watching "Simon & Simon."  I've only seen the first two episodes from 1981.  Having flashbacks to when I wore OP cords. 

Television has come a very long way.

all of these shows are necessary prep work before you're read to watch "the big one" -- L.A. Law.

hill street blues was a great show. one of my faves.

How To Make Money Selling Drugs- 4/5

Kind of quirky like a lot of the Netflix documentaries. Made by Matthew Cooke and Adrian Grenier that got a lot of praise. I didn't know what to expect because the trailer and write ups looked good, but then you see 50 Cent and Woody Harrelson being interviewed and wonder if it's a cheesy doc that needs star power.

I was hoping for more on the process, opposed to individual stories. They do a great job with government/drugs correlation. It's good though and worth a checkout if you're into drugs, drug trade, war on drugs, etc.