• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

RE-watching Breaking Bad.  About 9 episodes into season 1.  Just completed "737" and "Grilled" last night.  Man this show rocks.

Didn't realize during first run watching the significant age difference between Walt and Skyler.  Clearly he is 51/52 but she states around episode 7 or 8 that she is nearly 40.  Also, kinda bummed that they never really gave the reason why Walt separated from Gray Matters and ended up teaching.

Edited by HaloCultureClub

Transformers 3 dark side of the moon. Meh. Saw the first two so figured I might as well finish the trilogy.

Best part was the first appearance of his new gf. The rest of it was just what you would have expected, with lots of close ups of flashy shiny robots hitting each other, creating seizures for hundreds everywhere.

Transformers 3 dark side of the moon. Meh. Saw the first two so figured I might as well finish the trilogy.

Best part was the first appearance of his new gf. The rest of it was just what you would have expected, with lots of close ups of flashy shiny robots hitting each other, creating seizures for hundreds everywhere.

You'll be happy to know there is a 4th one coming out this Summer. 

I was just going to comment on True Detective.  So far, very good show with both McConaughey and Harrelson both doing excellent work with their roles. McConaughey has been on a roll lately.  His character is really messed up.

Interesting concept with this show.  Each season will have a whole new cast and story, so it's more like a mini-series.

RE-watching Breaking Bad.  About 9 episodes into season 1.  Just completed "737" and "Grilled" last night.  Man this show rocks.

Didn't realize during first run watching the significant age difference between Walt and Skyler.  Clearly he is 51/52 but she states around episode 7 or 8 that she is nearly 40.  Also, kinda bummed that they never really gave the reason why Walt separated from Gray Matters and ended up teaching.

i thought the reason was that the 3 of them were starting the company, and walt and gretchen were together and going to get married.

then he goes to meet her family and its this super successful, wealthy family.

and his inferiority complex kicked in (recurring theme) and he couldn't handle it, so he just bolted.

at least that was my take.

i miss huell. 

Yeah. They touch on it a little when Gretchen and Walt have lunch together, but in a behind the scenes or directors Q&A they say what Wicked mentioned or expand on it a bit more.

The age thing is a trip and it's weird to see when they do the flashback scene because they look younger, but you already know he's 10-13 years older. I think the show starts about his 51st birthday (I don't remember if it's 50 or 51 from when Skyler does the bacon) and I think at some point she has a birthday or mentions being 37.

It's a great show to rewatch. I came across a bunch watching it again that i didn't consider the first time through. I had rewatched it a while back but have been tied up and stopped with about 5 episodes left or so.

i thought the reason was that the 3 of them were starting the company, and walt and gretchen were together and going to get married.

then he goes to meet her family and its this super successful, wealthy family.

and his inferiority complex kicked in (recurring theme) and he couldn't handle it, so he just bolted.

at least that was my take.

Yeah, I really paid attention and actually rewatched that portion (the lunch between Walt and Gretchen) but just thought there had to be more besides cold feet or inferiority complex.  He didn't have to marry Gretchen, but why walk away from everything?  It is interesting to see all the flags pop up when you rewatch...knowing where things are heading.  He got it into his head that he would manufacture meth for a purpose, then when he goes into remission and has the lung removed he seems angry that he's not dying after all, thereby spoiling the whole reason he began drug production in the first place.  Actually now that I think about it he does alot very emotion based...like throwing all of his money into the barbeque, setting it afire...and then realizing how stupid that is and throwing the inferno into the pool.  Maybe that's what happened with Gretchen and Elliot, emotional reaction except there was no pool to douse out the flames.

The Gretchen/Waly story arc was simply to show the ego side of Walt and kind of show where or how it derived, or at least that he is that way. True, he starts the meth business to make money and support his family for when he is dead, but the premise of the story is a guy that finds something within himself and takes it over the edge. It ends up being that the Gretchen, Elliott, and Gray Matter dealio was one of catalyst for why he shoots for the empire business instead of the meth business. 

4 movies I watched recently

Saving Mr Banks - I was suprised at how good it is. The supporting cast as well as the rest of the class was great.

Drinking Buddies - I had high expecatations but the movie was slow, not funny and it just flat out sucked

Were the Millers - Funny movie with plenty of lauhgs. Plus Jennifer Aniston is hot

Prisoners - Best movie of the four by far. Great acting and great story line.

Oba: The Last Samurai (2011)

Story of Captain Oba that refused to surrender on the Island of Saipan even after the war was over. It was directed and filmed by a Japanese production company that really did not care just how bad the American counter parts were at acting. The cast included Daniel Baldwin, LLyod Buckley and Sean McGowen who were not very good.

Once you get by that the storyline is pretty good and follows historically the events on Saipan, the most disturbing being the mass suicides by the Japanese populace that were told by the Japanese military that the Americans were cannibals and would eat them.

It covers the mental state of the Japanese army and citizens during the time period and their complete devotion to the Emperor and how that was challenged by seeing the might of the American army crush what they thought was an invincible country destined by God to rule the Pacific.

Had Spielberg been involved, supplied a budget for the battle scenes and a better US cast this would have been Oscar bound. Instead it is buried in those movies that end up on Youtube for free.

I believe he states why in season 5