• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

47 Ronin.  Yeah, the japanese in me had to watch it.  It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great.  My biggest beef with it, you have a very established Japanese cast.  And you do it in English?  If the movie was in Japanese and subtitled in English, it would have been so much more enjoyable.  

That and it was basically just an average movie. Go see Last Samurai

Walter Mitty: A-

So many movies I want to see. It is funny. You wait all year for the studios to finally release their good films, then  they're all out at once and it is too difficult to see them all. 

I might have to resort to Torrents...

Really want to see:

American Hustle 

The Hunger Games

Wolf of Wall Street

Nebraska

Inside Llewyn Davis 

I'm sure I'm forgetting another one...

So many movies I want to see. It is funny. You wait all year for the studios to finally release their good films, then  they're all out at once and it is too difficult to see them all. 

Really want to see:

American Hustle 

The Hunger Games

Wolf of Wall Street

Nebraska

Inside Llewyn Davis 

Madia's Family Christmas

Edited by st1ckboy

So many movies I want to see. It is funny. You wait all year for the studios to finally release their good films, then they're all out at once and it is too difficult to see them all.

Really want to see:

American Hustle

The Hunger Games

Wolf of Wall Street

Nebraska

Inside Llewyn Davis

Dallas Buyers Club.

My list is the same sans Hunger Games. Only have seen Wolf on Wall Street.

I'd probably 12 Years a Slave, too.

It looks my cable system now has the Smithsonian channel. Watched a few episodes of aerial America and dvr'd a few. What an interesting show. Looking forward to other programming from them.

Same here. Mine recently added Smithsonian, History2, and Biography. Got a ton already scheduled to record. I watched the Lockerbie/Pan Am 103 documentary a few days ago. Interesting stuff.

The World's End: B-

I would love for the three of them to do a comedy without a supernatural theme, but I doubt that will happen.

There were some really good parts in that movie but the end dragged it down for me.

Dallas Buyers Club.

My list is the same sans Hunger Games. Only have seen Wolf on Wall Street.

I'd probably 12 Years a Slave, too.

Dallas Buyers Club and Her too...

Dammit. DVDs won't be out for a few months

Started watching reruns of Sportsnight. Good show, though the laugh track is completely unnecessary. The dialogue is brisk and very sharp.

Sports Night is FANTASTIC in almost every freaking way.

You'll notice that they quickly agree with you and ultimately drop the laugh track entirely as the show progresses. Keep watching. It's one of the best television shows ever.

They drop the laugh track about half way through the first season I think.  Rally is right, it would be GOAT if it made it more than two seasons.

Wife and I have been watching Scrubs.  I never really paid much attention to it when it was on.  It is ok, really hit or miss.  I am surprised it made it as long as it did because they story lines are almost identical from one season to the next.  It is ok filler while nothing else is on and it is in the background.

Prometheus:  Finally checked this out and I really enjoyed it.  I love any story that uses the ancient alien theory as a basis.  The visuals are awesome.  I'm pretty excited for the second one.

Argo:  Amazing.  Well worth the hype and awards.

I LOVED Prometheus, but it was primarily due to viewing it in 3D on an RPX screen. I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much if I had just seen it at home.

I put Prometheus up there with Life of Pi and Gravity as the best 3D film experiences that have been available to date. Gravity is BY FAR the best, but the other two are head and shoulders above the rest.