• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Fruitvale Station - 8/10

It's great considering we already know the ending. Just tells the story of the guy's last day/night. Really solid movie.

Saving Mr. Banks - 8/10

This was a lot better (and quite a bit different) than I thought it would be. Emma Thompson is great. Hanks is terrific, as always. I didn't even know Colin Farrell was in it. His scenes are really sad. This is a really good movie.

Cloud Atlas - 7.5/10

220px-Cloud_Atlas_Poster.jpg

One of the most unique and visually stunning films I've ever seen. At parts of the movie the dialogue was kind of hard to understand, so I do recommend watching with subtitles.

Edited by DB24

Fruitvale Station - 8/10

It's great considering we already know the ending. Just tells the story of the guy's last day/night. Really solid movie.

Thought the same thing as well, really enjoyed it. The only flaw I would say is there is a ton of unnecessary foreboding or scenes to try to hammer home the tragedy of the whole situation when there is already enough inherent tragedy built knowing the ending. Still very good and I'd say among the better films of the year. Michael B. Jordan is solid as Oscar Grant as well.

Thought the same thing as well, really enjoyed it. The only flaw I would say is there is a ton of unnecessary foreboding or scenes to try to hammer home the tragedy of the whole situation when there is already enough inherent tragedy built knowing the ending. Still very good and I'd say among the better films of the year. Michael B. Jordan is solid as Oscar Grant as well.

I noticed the same thing. Maybe they added things in because the movie is so short.

Frozen 7/10

Not Disneys best, but a good story. Didn't like the snowman and didn't like how they never addressed why the daughter had these magical powers - she just simply had them.

I did like the plot twist with the prince. Caught me a bit by surprise.

Checked out Her at the Arclight. I thought Spike Jonze did a great job creating a future LA and the depth of the characters came across well. I was wondering how he would end it and was pleasantly surprised how the film concluded.

Very interesting film. It was funnier than I expected it to be. I also wasn't expecting the set design and world to be so creative and thorough. 

I'm undecided whether I want to see that or American Hustle first.

That might be next for us. Just give yourself enough time. We caught an 8pm showing and I just wanted it to end and go to bed at 10-1030. Even though it's long it doesn't drag and all works well...I was just beat.

I haven't seen many reviews on this, but I think most are bad which (I think it was good by critics but bad by fans) makes no sense. This movie has so many great comedy parts. Almost reminded me of American Psycho.

Saw American Hustle last night, really liked it.  It drags in places but you always get enough Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence sideboob to keep you awake.  And, Christian Bale is probably the best actor of our generation.  Dude kills it once again.

Walter Mitty 6/10

They turned this into a romantic comedy and the story was reasonably charming, but my goodness this was a slow-paced movie. I was hoping/expecting a lot of humor, but it was just as minimal as could be, and that was a great disappointment.

The most meaningful thing in this movie was being reminded of how much I miss Life magazine.

Saw American Hustle last night, really liked it.  It drags in places but you always get enough Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence sideboob to keep you awake.  And, Christian Bale is probably the best actor of our generation.  Dude kills it once again.

I concur.

Captain Phillips - 8/10

Hanks is terrific, as always. Although I'm not sure how accurate it is, it was interesting to see the pirates take over the ship. Crazy how a few guys can do that to such a huge ship with so many crew members.

Rush - 8/10

The story was great. Not much of a formula one fan though, so the driving scenes were kind of monotonous to me. All the actors were really good.

Yup I agree.  The acting was solid all the way through.  

47 Ronin.  Yeah, the japanese in me had to watch it.  It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great.  My biggest beef with it, you have a very established Japanese cast.  And you do it in English?  If the movie was in Japanese and subtitled in English, it would have been so much more enjoyable.