• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Watching 'The Sopranos' from the beginning.  I watched a season 2 or 3 back in the day but never did the whole thing.  It's good but it's not really built for binge viewing...alot of the same story lines.  Drugs, strippers, shoot somebody, angry wife, psychiatrist, drink, repeat.

I've started Ken Burns' 'Baseball.'  It's heavy and thick with characters and side stories.  Though my attention drifts here and there, the footage is impressive and it's pretty amazing that the game we see today is probably about 90% the same as the game played over 100 years ago. 

Without going through all the pages, has anyone on here watched Luther?

I have and it's great.  Idris Elba is a great actor. For those of you who are fans of The Wire, he played Stringer Bell.  For those that aren't,  i don't want to know you.

BBC America has some great shows.  

Luther

Copper

Broadchurch

Whitechapel

Ripper Street

Sherlock

Law & Order UK 

The Tudors 

I'm sure i've missed some

No, started to but only got through half the first episode. Hear really good things about it even though I think it was cancelled after 3 seasons.

It wasn't necessarily cancelled, but there weren't really any plans for another season (Elba was too busy making movies  -  Mandela - Long Walk To Freedom , Thor...

He said he wouldn't rule out coming back but it looks like it may be in movie form.  

Yeah, I looked into it more. I just remember the writer saying their wasn't going to be a 4th season and the assumption is cancelled, but reading the wiki it almost reads like the show had a specific shelf life, and as you mentioned, the possibility of a movie.

Looking forward to watching it, I've liked Idris ever since The Wire, even in low quality movies like Takers. Plus the dude is a dj in the UK when not in front of a camera.

Seems like a cool dude in some of the interviews and behind the scenes (only seen the Rock n Rolla one) stuff I've seen.

I watched 2 seasons on Netflix and I loved it. It was pretty brutal which surprised me, but it's great. Idris has become one of my favorites. I've heard they'd like to do a movie if they could, but haven't completely ruled out a 4th season. I need to see season 3

I'll let you know when I get through my pros and cons list at the end of the season. So don't budge from the edge of your seat.

BRB, gotta get some snacks.

DON'T SAY ANYTHING TIL I GET BACK FROM THE KITCHEN!!

I have and it's great.  Idris Elba is a great actor. For those of you who are fans of The Wire, he played Stringer Bell.  For those that aren't,  i don't want to know you.

BBC America has some great shows.  

Luther

Copper

Broadchurch

Whitechapel

Ripper Street

Sherlock

Law & Order UK 

The Tudors 

I'm sure i've missed some

You forgot the best one.

Top Gear.

I just started watching Hannibal.  Really good!  Kind of reminds me of a mix of True Detective and Dexter.  I'm only a few episodes in but it has hooked me.

Hopefully the main character doesn't become a lumberjack at the end of the series.

I just started watching Hannibal.  Really good!  Kind of reminds me of a mix of True Detective and Dexter.  I'm only a few episodes in but it has hooked me.

Forgot about Hannibal.  Good show.

The Blacklist is good,too. Never a big Spader fan, but he's great in this show.

X MEN and Godzilla but get A grades for me.

Loved both of them. Godzilla was better the second time I watched it. (IMAX).

Saw Godzilla last week, and thought it was very good for a monster movie.  Of course, I grew-up watching the monster-movie-marathon on the day after Thanksgiving..

Watched "The Worlds' End" last night (It's the 3rd movie of the 'trilogy" from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost of "Shaun of the Dead").  If you love their other movies as I do, you won't be disappointed.  But, at first-viewing, this one didn't seem to have the same positive-energy of the other two.  I'll have to watch it a few more times; cheers!  I'd rank them in order of release.

Fast and Furious 6: 

Not sure why I watched this.

The Town:

Still solid.

1000 Way to Die in the West:

Incredibly terrible....I actually dozed off for a bit. I had already seen that reviews showed this sucked, but people in town wanted to see it and it was just god awful. I actually picture this is what Family Guy humor is like. Ted wasn't bad, this is nothing like that.

Lol, yep.  They have been fined several times by the FCC.  They got taken off the air after the third season for that reason.  Fans wanted it back so bad that Fox let them come back after a couple years off.