• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Has anyone watched Tyrant?

Watched the first two episodes. I'm intrigued, and I think it could be good. Some acting/parts are a little corny, but I can see that they could go places with the storyline.

For FX, it was pretty graphic in parts. Like the scene between Jamal and his son's fiance. Won't say more, but for cable, that was pretty nuts.

Watched the first two episodes. I'm intrigued, and I think it could be good. Some acting/parts are a little corny, but I can see that they could go places with the storyline.

For FX, it was pretty graphic in parts. Like the scene between Jamal and his son's fiance. Won't say more, but for cable, that was pretty nuts.

I really enjoyed the first 2 episodes of Tyrant.  It has the feel of an HBO/Showtime series which I like but definitely too graphic for children.  Watched the first 2 episodes of The Last Ship...  I thought the plot for the show sounded really good but the acting and dialogue is almost unwatchable.  Won't be watching the 3rd episode.

I missed season one, can I just jump into the second without catching up on the first? Or will I be totally lost?

Not sure ADB, whether the storyline will change that much or not.

Probably best to watch season 1 first though.

FX tends to replay episodes for a few weeks, so you could power through season 1 on HULU in a week or so, and be caught up.

Worth the effort imo.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 9/10

This movie was unbelievable. I really liked the first one and this one didn't disappoint. Never thought I'd be so connected with apes in a movie but damn, they did a hell of a job with the character development and showing the aspects of both the human and ape sides. Highly recommend going to see this.

I might go see Dawn this weekend. Had hoped to see Richard Linklater's Boyhood as I've been waiting for that come out, but doesn't seem to be playing close.

So Dawn it is. I've been trying to catch up on all the PotA movies recently. Re-watched the original which is still amazing, and saw Beneath the Planet of the Apes for the first time, which is nowhere near as good. Will try and push through the other original 3, plus the Burton remake which I've managed to avoid so far.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 9/10

This movie was unbelievable. I really liked the first one and this one didn't disappoint. Never thought I'd be so connected with apes in a movie but damn, they did a hell of a job with the character development and showing the aspects of both the human and ape sides. Highly recommend going to see this.

I second this.  It was a really well done movie.  Lot's of social commentaries.  

I might go see Dawn this weekend. Had hoped to see Richard Linklater's Boyhood as I've been waiting for that come out, but doesn't seem to be playing close.

So Dawn it is. I've been trying to catch up on all the PotA movies recently. Re-watched the original which is still amazing, and saw Beneath the Planet of the Apes for the first time, which is nowhere near as good. Will try and push through the other original 3, plus the Burton remake which I've managed to avoid so far.

I have a box set of PofA and if you have only seen the first two you aren't missing anything. They get progressively bad from there.

Just saw the 3rd and 4th and I gotta say I disagree. They are nowhere near the original, but I thought part 3 was very fun in a Star Trek IV: Voyage Home, fish-outta-water- kind of way. Then part 4 was way more serious, but the way revolution was handled was interesting to watch. So far, I'd say the Beneath the Planet of the Apes is by far the worst.

Apes: 9.5/10 machine gun toting chimps.

Koba has to be one of my most hated characters ever. Serkis is amazing (again) as Caesar.

I'll say the same thing I said about "Rise..." of "Dawn..." : it has absolutely no business being as good a film as it is. They have overachieved in almost every respect with both of these films.

Bravo.

Watched the first episode of The Strain on FX. This series follows a 3 book series written by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan.  I am almost done with the second book now so I had high expectations for the show because the books are great.  The first episode was good but they already started making changes from the book so I'm curious to see how it plays out.