• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Grand Budapest Hotel - 9/10

Great movie. Right up there will Wes Anderson's best. Can't say enough good things about it. Funny. Great story. Actors are all incredible. Especially Ralph Fiennes. Didn't know he had the comedy chops to pull a role like this off. Highly recommended. 

It's on my list.

Grand Budapest Hotel - 9/10

Great movie. Right up there will Wes Anderson's best. Can't say enough good things about it. Funny. Great story. Actors are all incredible. Especially Ralph Fiennes. Didn't know he had the comedy chops to pull a role like this off. Highly recommended. 

Yeah, I rewatched this again after picking up the blu-ray. Still great. More violent than I'd anticipate from a Wes Anderson movie and probably the most plot of any of his movies.

Ralph Fiennes was pretty good in In Bruges, though definitely a different kind of comedy than in Grand Budapest.

World War Z - C+

Enjoyed it. But it was pretty meh.

22 Jump Street - B+

Jonah Hill is annoying and I want to break his nose when I see him. Tatum Channing is also annyoing, but together they're hilarious. Ice Cube is great too. The ending was too silly and long, but otherwise the movie was hilarious. 

Power

Run of the mill crime drama that's on the level of Magic City/Sons of Anarchy/Boardwalk Empire. Just started, but the three episodes have been above decent. They also have some potential with the story arcs.

Show is about a drug dealer trying to go legit owning a night club and having to balance the two.

22 Jump Street

Pretty bad. Couple funny parts and I get it's a popcorn throw away flick. They dropped some subtle gems where I was the only one laughing, while I didn't laugh at the obvious stuff like a dude running into a goal post and the place erupted.

BBC, ITV, etc..... OWN American TV.

That's ludicrous. We just put out far more crap due to volume, but if we were as judicious as they are, we'd be hitting for the same average. Per capita, we probably produce as much excellent programming.

Edited by RallyMo

headed to my brothers time share next week and went shopping for some dvds to watch while we're out there. found season one of breaking bad for $10 and bought it. it's been highly regarded around here so thought i'd give it a try. not sure if i'll like it.

Breaking Bad is a cumulative and growing thing. SHould still be good as a stand alone, but I would have never thought it would be as great as it was just watching the first season.

Either way, hope you enjoy it or at least don't find it a waste of time.

I'm simultaneously watching the American version of The Bridge and the Danish/Swedish version of The Bridge.

I did that with "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" and its German source material "Es ist immer sonnig in München."

I was shocked by how much they were exactly the same.

I did that with "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" and its German source material "Es ist immer sonnig in München."

I was shocked by how much they were exactly the same.

agree. Hans Friedelbaum is an incredible actor.

Caught the first episode of "The Last Ship."  Seems like it might show some promise..

My buddy forced me to see the new "Transformers" movie, instead of "22 Jump Street"...  It was a visual-treat, but I just can't get into the whole robot/alien thing.  Plus, every time Marky-Marky opens his mouth, all I expect to hear is, "I'm a peacock!  You gotta let me fly!!"

On a brighter note, I picked-up "Lone Survivor" on Blu-Ray.  It was interesting to see the story come to life, but I was disappointed that they added the last battle in the friendly village (that never happened), instead of being true to the actual story..  Other than that, it was great to see this story brought to life.  Those are some tough mother%^&ers.