• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers sign Pujols

mmc

20 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

FYI- the Angels (21 years, 9 months) own the 3rd longest streak in MLB without being no hit, behind the Yankees (21 years, 11 months) and the A’s (29 years, 11 months)

Go Cubs

The Yankees were no hit by the Astros in 2003. 

4 minutes ago, Justin said:

The Yankees were no hit by the Astros in 2003. 

You are right Justin.  It was the Nationals/Expos, not the Yankees.  Not sure why I put Yankees after I just looked the fucking thing up.  Must be tired.  It’s corrected.

28 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

FYI- the Angels (21 years, 9 months) own the 3rd longest streak in MLB without being no hit, behind the Nationals/Expos (21 years, 11 months) and the A’s (29 years, 11 months)

So if the Angels avoid getting no hit for 3 more months, they'll be in second.

GIF by Identity

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

So if the Angels avoid getting no hit for 3 more months, they'll be in second.

GIF by Identity

Not really buddy.  These are current streaks.  Someone will have to no hit the Nats before someone no hits the Angels, and the way this offense is going, I wouldn’t take that bet any time soon.

2 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Not really buddy.  These are current streaks.  Someone will have to no hit the Nats before someone no hits the Angels, and the way this offense is going, I wouldn’t take that bet any time soon.

Yeah I know, I was being facetious. Hence the GIF.

Pujols' "improvement" with the Dodgers is just regression to the mean. His overall numbers this year are very much in line with the last five years or so. Consider his wRC+ from 2017-21: 77, 88, 91, 77, 92.  Meaning, he remains what he's been: a below average hitter, mediocre defender, and terrible baserunner.

This is not to say that the new environment hasn't catalyzed improvement; maybe Pujols needed the ego boost. And, in the end, I'd rather see Jared Walsh at 1B full-time and Taylor Ward get the at-bats. Meaning, at worst Ward is no worse than Dodgers Pujols, and we don't have to deal with watching Albert trundle around the bases.

Edited by Angelsjunky

On 6/25/2021 at 2:54 PM, Angelsjunky said:

Pujols' "improvement" with the Dodgers is just regression to the mean. His overall numbers this year are very much in line with the last five years or so. Consider his wRC+ from 2017-21: 77, 88, 91, 77, 92.  Meaning, he remains what he's been: a below average hitter, mediocre defender, and terrible baserunner.

This is not to say that the new environment hasn't catalyzed improvement; maybe Pujols needed the ego boost. And, in the end, I'd rather see Jared Walsh at 1B full-time and Taylor Ward get the at-bats. Meaning, at worst Ward is no worse than Dodgers Pujols, and we don't have to deal with watching Albert trundle around the bases.

If you look at his game logs with the Dodgers, break them into 10 game blocks, you get vintage Angels Pujols

On 6/25/2021 at 4:47 PM, cals said:

You gotta give Maddon a lot of credit for pushing Minasian to make the move to drop Pujols.  Probably gained them 5 wins right there.

Also would like to add that Maddon didn't let Pujols bat cleanup. Very good on Maddon's part in not getting caught up the name on the back of #25's jersey. 

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

You know what's cute? Albert's at 673 HR and has a shot at 700, if someone gives him a one year contract. If he hits another 10 this year, he'll be 683, needing only 17. 

You'd think the Cardinals would give him a farewell lap, but they've got Oldshit.

I think he definitely gets a one year deal next year.  

I honestly have no idea why any team would sign him.  He simply does not produce enough overall to waste a roster spot on him.

Being able to pop a 376 foot homer here and there is just not enough.

Most of his baseball skills are gone, other than the periodic launching of a fly ball down the line that creeps out.

In the big picture he is not helping the team he is on.