• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers sign Pujols

mmc

9 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I honestly have no idea why any team would sign him.  He simply does not produce enough overall to waste a roster spot on him.

Being able to pop a 376 foot homer here and there is just not enough.

Most of his baseball skills are gone, other than the periodic launching of a fly ball down the line that creeps out.

In the big picture he is not helping the team he is on.

So much disrespect, mang. His .286 OBP is legendary.

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I like that Albert was here for 9 plus years and in the six or so weeks since he’s left Cals has posted more Albert posts than he did while he was an Angel. 

I don't know if this is a positive or negative post about @cals but I support it either way.

• 2 weeks later...

Some people just don't know when to retire. Take Kobe for instance. Legend for what he did as an NBA player. But his last few years in the NBA was rough after he tore his Achilles. I thought that maybe, just maybe, Kobe could still be somewhat productive because he didn't rely on his athletic ability much once his athleticism began to decline. Dude was deadly in the mid-range game, which was a big reason why he was still great after so many years and many minutes in the league. But he should have called it quits after 2014-15. He just bombarded his shooting percentage and points per game during his last season. Plus, he was getting paid too much by then At least Kobe helped the Lakers win five championships, two as Batman. Him being the Robin to Shaq's Batman from 2000-2002 was undeniable. Shaq was still in his prime and at his peak. Kobe was just getting started on being that guy that we eventually know of, not even in his prime at the time yet. So he'll always have a special place for the Lakers' franchise. But this Pujols chump, on the other hand, didn't do anything with the Angels. If he had helped the Angels win even one World Series, he would have a special place with the Angels. Instead, he couldn't win jack. Is he a selfish player? I would say so. This is the same guy who left the World Series champions Cardinals, who established themselves as a great team for some time. And he still chose to leave the Cardinals. This is a guy who is clearly focusing on his personal achievements. Couldn't adjust even when teams started shifting against him, didn't let Trout steal bases when he was hitting behind him, etc. He'll be up there with the likes of Hamilton, Gary Matthews Jr., Vernon Wells, CJ Wilson, and Mo Vaughn when it comes to the most hated players in Angels history. 

43 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Some people just don't know when to retire. Take Kobe for instance. Legend for what he did as an NBA player. But his last few years in the NBA was rough after he tore his Achilles. I thought that maybe, just maybe, Kobe could still be somewhat productive because he didn't rely on his athletic ability much once his athleticism began to decline. Dude was deadly in the mid-range game, which was a big reason why he was still great after so many years and many minutes in the league. But he should have called it quits after 2014-15. He just bombarded his shooting percentage and points per game during his last season. Plus, he was getting paid too much by then At least Kobe helped the Lakers win five championships, two as Batman. Him being the Robin to Shaq's Batman from 2000-2002 was undeniable. Shaq was still in his prime and at his peak. Kobe was just getting started on being that guy that we eventually know of, not even in his prime at the time yet. So he'll always have a special place for the Lakers' franchise. But this Pujols chump, on the other hand, didn't do anything with the Angels. If he had helped the Angels win even one World Series, he would have a special place with the Angels. Instead, he couldn't win jack. Is he a selfish player? I would say so. This is the same guy who left the World Series champions Cardinals, who established themselves as a great team for some time. And he still chose to leave the Cardinals. This is a guy who is clearly focusing on his personal achievements. Couldn't adjust even when teams started shifting against him, didn't let Trout steal bases when he was hitting behind him, etc. He'll be up there with the likes of Hamilton, Gary Matthews Jr., Vernon Wells, CJ Wilson, and Mo Vaughn when it comes to the most hated players in Angels history. 

Tom Cruise What GIF

2 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

I disagree with the first part of your post, but agree with the second part. Kobe still had dominant moments in his final year. The team wasn’t going anywhere anyways and it is not as if Kobe hampered them from winning titles (because they weren’t going to win with some of those squads). And, as you mentioned, he won them five titles. He gets to go out on his terms. 

On the other hand, Pujols has been a boat anchor for the Angels since day one. He’s definitely one of the most selfish players of all time and will go down as one of, it not the, worst Angels signing of all time. 

3 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

"Couldn't let Trout steal".

Is this just a dumbass statement or do you have verification of it?

I was reading with with interest until that statement was made 

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think Angels fans should completely ignore the doyer fan discourse around Pujols.  Who gives a shit.  We got what we wanted.  It’s worked out for us. 

I have a good friend that’s a Dodgers fan and she makes comments like “I can’t believe the stupid Angels treated him like that and thankfully he’s on a good team now”. Bitch! The Halos are now better having dumped him. Lol at the thought of giving him ABs over Ohtani or Walsh 

26 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think Angels fans should completely ignore the doyer fan discourse around Pujols.  Who gives a shit.  We got what we wanted.  It’s worked out for us. 

I'll take Walsh over the ancient Pujols any day. Let Albert have his little end-of-career spurt. He'll be retired ten years while Jared is still kicking ass.