• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers sign Pujols

mmc

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Makes you wonder if they saw something.

But Id also wonder if the shock of being released woke him up, too

Some reporter should ask him, "do you think you've just been lucky lately, or is the NL just that much weaker, or did you just not care when you were with the Angels?"

29 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Makes you wonder if they saw something.

But Id also wonder if the shock of being released woke him up, too

I really think it’s coming down to usage. The Angels played him virtually every day. The Dodgers are using him often, but are likely a little deeper into the data and have the players to mix and match the types of pitchers he faces.

It’s a combo of all these things mang.

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

I really think it’s coming down to usage. The Angels played him virtually every day. The Dodgers are using him often, but are likely a little deeper into the data and have the players to mix and match the types of pitchers he faces.

They have been using him almost exclusively as a platoon guy.  No starts against righties.  Starts against lefties and comes in to ph against lefties. 

he had an interesting thing happen though. Appeared in the box score as a pinch hitter with zero bat, with no walk, no hbp, no sacrifice. 

18 hours ago, totdprods said:

Let's see if their usage changes now that Muncy is out.  Matt Beatty is still around so they may go with a straight platoon.  

16 hours ago, thebloob said:

They have been using him almost exclusively as a platoon guy.  No starts against righties.  Starts against lefties and comes in to ph against lefties. 

he had an interesting thing happen though. Appeared in the box score as a pinch hitter with zero bat, with no walk, no hbp, no sacrifice. 

I see 6 starts versus RHP, 7 vs LHP.

He’s PH or subbed in 7 games that had a RH SP.

16 hours ago, thebloob said:

He was announced as a PH, then the game got delayed and eventually called.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Nice play by AP here.  But is it the uniform or has he put on a ton of weight of late?  

Notice they zoom in and slow it down a bit so you can't really fairly evaluate the play.

Or maybe Albert is just fat and takes up the whole screen, while playing in slowmotion.

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Nice play by AP here.  But is it the uniform or has he put on a ton of weight of late?  

I was at the game last night, and yes, I'm no scout but it looked like his top half was pretty large.