• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers sign Pujols

mmc

12 minutes ago, totdprods said:

That's what leads me to think there's more at work here than boiling it down to simple platoon splits. 

Either its luck, new motivation from Pujols, unfamiliarity with NL pitchers, or Dodgers analytics tracking something - perhaps a certain type of lefty or a new source of data that Albert was able (or finally willing) to interpret that's allowing some of this success. Or likelier a combo of all. 

It’s small sample size. 

7 minutes ago, totdprods said:

That's what leads me to think there's more at work here than boiling it down to simple platoon splits. 

Either its luck, new motivation from Pujols, unfamiliarity with NL pitchers, or Dodgers analytics tracking something - perhaps a certain type of lefty or a new source of data that Albert was able (or finally willing) to interpret that's allowing some of this success. Or likelier a combo of all. 

we give the Dogs and other teams credit for this but if they were this smart then Sheldon Neuse and Edwin Rios wouldn't have -1.0 WAR combined.  I know the narrative is that the Dogs and Tampa and the A's have a bunch of guys equivalent to 'the architect' from the matrix in some white room behind the scenes running the show while the halos have 3 chimps fighting over an abacus but my analytical brain can't wrap around how there would be so much of a stark difference between various orgs in a way where you could look at a couple numbers and it would make all the difference.  

8 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I especially love the little tidbit that Albert’s home run was the difference in the nail biting 9-8 game, completely glossing over the fact that when Big Al hit that “game winner” it was 9-1.  

It wasn’t until the Dogs bullpen pulled an Angels and turned that 9-1 game into a 9-8 game.

You’re right TG, trolling at its finest, yet I got click-baited into it.  What a dumb ass I am, and I feel stupider for doing it.

6 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

I especially love the little tidbit that Albert’s home run was the difference in the nail biting 9-8 game, completely glossing over the fact that when Big Al hit that “game winner” it was 9-1.  

It wasn’t until the Dogs bullpen pulled an Angels and turned that 9-1 game into a 9-8 game.

You’re right TG, trolling at its finest, yet I got click-baited into it.  What a dumb ass I am, and I feel stupider for doing it.

Funny, i didnt see any of the dodger game yesterday, but on the angels broadcast, terry smith gave a breakdown of the days scores. And he said "the dodgers are going to win in arizona, theyre up 9-1 in the 6th".

And i thought "yeah, youd think, but the 6th is kind of early"

Good on terry. It almost worked

12 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Hoping the angels start pimping walsh hard, and posting things like "its been years since we had this kind of production out of 1B!"

Nah I hope they don’t sink to his level of immaturity. Better to pretend like he doesn’t exist.

8 hours ago, cals said:

We still don’t know what happened.  Albert is a douche in many ways.  But I never took him for a liar.  The entire situation turns on if Albert refused the part-time role like he has on the Dodgers or not.

On one side we have Albert. On the other is MinaSIAN.  And Joe Maddon, essentially the devil to 80% of AW posters.  So who should we believe?

I wish I knew.  

I wish we knew the full story, too—but Pujols is clearly bitter.

1 minute ago, Lou said:

I don't believe Pujols for one second.

The only thing I'm bitter about is his absolute suckage while he was here. 

Yep. Pujols wanted his ego stroked with daily starts, and it’s clear he pulled a Dipotoesque ultimatum that backfired.

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

The only thing I'm bitter about is his absolute suckage while he was here. 

Same. 

Albert did not come close to living up to the massive contract the Angels gave him, and now he is having much more fun being a part-time player on a really good team that is not relying on him for anything other than platoon starts and pinch hits against lefties. That's pathetic. But I fully admit I am bitter about how much he sucked in Anaheim.