• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

Will Fletcher have a better year/contribute more at second than Renfigo likely would have with the Angels this season? If so, then that's a positive and makes the team better right now. If Renfigo adapts really well to a new team and league and manages enough playing time then good for him. But it doesn't matter what he does with the Dodgers. What counts is putting the best possible team on the field now. I think Fletcher settling into one position as an everyday second baseman will be an immediate benefit. 

Long term I would think of trying to keep Pederson while moving Upton. Obviously there are so many complications and factors involved. And how they perform before the trade deadline will be critical.

But even assuming Pederson will get a big long term contract it still will probably be less per season than Upton will make his remaining couple of years. Say it's for five years. Pederson will still have potentially another five plus seasons beyond that and a chance for a second big multi year deal. 

Pederson and Adell adjusting to left and right field depending on their adaptability in the outfield, surrounding Trout for at least  five plus years. Should be better and more dynamic than the  Upton and Calhoun set up of recent years.

If Pederson adapts to the new league and park well he could be a good investment at this early stage of his prime years. He also will be living in the same place, have a comfort zone and be close to family. Positive intangibles short and long term.

If Upton has a good season underway his value to playoff contenders will be higher. Even if the Angels have to eat salary the transition to a younger, more versatile power hitter will have long term value. 

If Pederson doesn't do well by the deadline, he can be traded or given till the end of the season to prove himself. If he walks after the season it still will have been a very good risk. He has enough experience and been in big game situations to take a chance with. 

2 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

Finding out who is involved in this trade is bananas. Da fak is taking so long 

Honestly, I'm scared. 

Although I would think if one of our top guys were involved, we'd know by now. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Hermosilio or Yan or someone could be in the trade as the 2nd prospect. Someone on the 40-man.

Dogs traded Verdugo, Maeda, Stripling and Pederson, and acquired Betts, Price and Rengifo, so they opened up a 40-man spot.

Also, Pages was 2nd in the Pioneer league in HR last year to Jeremiah Jackson, Burlington is gonna be a powerful team, though there's nothing really standing in either guys way to get to High A by end of Next year.

I also believe as reports state that none of our top OF prospects will be included (Marsh/Adams) I also don't believe it will be any of our INF prospects as the Dodgers have plenty of both INF/OF in the upper levels (AAA &AA).

Assume it will be an exchange of low level OF prospects Pages for Knowles/Deveaux/Morgan who would basically slide into that roster spot in high A for both teams. 

Maybe, Stripling and a Caleb Ferguson for a Yan or other lower level pitching arms. Dodgers also have numerous starting pitching prospects close to Major League ready arms coming up (May, Gray, Gonsolin, White, Santana). They would be looking for arms lower down the ranks for the future 4-5 years.

16 hours ago, Biergott said:

Bye Rainfro, I just hope this doesn’t mean Marsh is going and Adell has to be untouchable.

Pederson is a FA at the end of this season so there is no impact on Marsh unless he tears it up in AAA. Marsh should be starting in RF by 2021 with Adell in LF. 

My big Question is who plays RF against Lefties this season? Pederson is totally useless against southpaws.