• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

13 minutes ago, Rumple said:
MBkdiA3P_normal.jpg

There is a holdup in the Mookie Betts trade, sources tell DTM.

Hearing that the medicals on Brusdar Graterol are “troubling”.

The #Dodgers and Red Sox could look for a new team to ship Kenta Maeda to, possibly the #Angels.

I would not put any stock into that account.  The Tweet right before it is thanking the Athletic for offering to buy them out, LOL.

3 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Until we see who the Angels are actually giving up. If it is, say, Adams and Soriano, that's not good. 

If the Angels end up acquiring a SP with a few years of control, Pederson and a decent prospect without giving up Adell or Marsh then I think that's worth the risk given the current make up of the team and farm.  I see that Adams is the 3rd ranked prospect in the Angels org according to two different sites but both also note his ETA as 2022.  We've seen how counting on FA to address SP can turn out and adding a pitcher with upside and control would be a real nice way to head into the season.  Like you said until it's completed we don't know the cost but so far everything reported has said it's not Adell or Marsh. 

1 hour ago, Rumple said:
MBkdiA3P_normal.jpg

There is a holdup in the Mookie Betts trade, sources tell DTM.

Hearing that the medicals on Brusdar Graterol are “troubling”.

The #Dodgers and Red Sox could look for a new team to ship Kenta Maeda to, possibly the #Angels.

Meh. Even if accurate, I don’t see the deal entirely falling apart over Graterol. He isn’t so elite of a prospect that a hurdle like that can’t be worked through. The only issue would be a delay, which I suppose could make Boston get cold feet over the bad press. 

4 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

So Graterol’s physical comes back as “troubling” and possibly Verdugo’s physical (back) as well...

We’re going to get f’d aren’t we?

Dodgers are very motivated to get a deal done at this point. All the good press they’ve gotten and fan excitement? They don’t want to lose that. Deal will get done one way or another. 

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Could we replace Graterol with Sandoval?  I have no idea how highly rated Graterol is.  Would you guys consider making it Canning, but we get both Maeda and Stripling along with Pederson and Page.  

I don’t think we have a pitcher at the level of Graterol. It would be comparable to Marsh. 50-100 range. Canning might work. Dunno if the Angels make that trade, though. 

1 minute ago, Pancake Bear said:

I’m with you. I don’t particularly want Maeda. I was just commenting on value. 

We're on the same page. I'm only giving up Marsh if he headlines a package for someone like Clevinger. Not for guys that bounce from rotation to bullpen and aren't considered #1 or #2 type. I'd make it juicy and give Knowles and Suarez if they'd take it. 

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

We're on the same page. I'm only giving up Marsh if he headlines a package for someone like Clevinger. Not for guys that bounce from rotation to bullpen and aren't considered #1 or #2 type. I'd make it juicy and give Knowles and Suarez if they'd take it. 

Marsh might get Clevinger in like a year depending on the year both have.  Marsh’s value could go up, and Clevinger will be closer to free agency.