• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pederson/Stripling deal is DEAD. MOVE ON.

failos

Just now, rafibomb said:

Would you guys rather give up a top-5 prospect for Maeda to complete the deal or have it die and not get Pederson, Stripling and Pages at all?

These are separate deals going on... if anything The Twins are going to have to kick in something else or the Dodgers will have to throw in a prospect to replace the ones proposed. 

1 minute ago, TroutField said:

These are separate deals going on... if anything The Twins are going to have to kick in something else or the Dodgers will have to throw in a prospect to replace the ones proposed. 

I'd figure if the deal fell through the Dodgers would have no reason to trade Joc anymore, right? Also read on another page here that the Dodgers were talking with us to fill the void of the twins.

3 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Would you guys rather give up a top-5 prospect for Maeda to complete the deal or have it die and not get Pederson, Stripling and Pages at all?

i would be ok if they included adams in the deal to get it done with maeda. the addition of maeda, stripling, pederson can really help this team this year. i could get over losing adams for that opportunity. also, both pitchers have very nice costs connected to them.

Just a quick blurb from the Athletic, confirming the players going to the Angels and on Graterol's workload as starter being the holdup. 

Note that it just says we're sending one prospect back in that trade. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 9.27.55 PM.png

4 minutes ago, TroutField said:

true, but there's a blurb about the deal potentially shifting to the angels as the 3rd team rather than the twins. in that scenario we'd be getting maeda as well for a higher prospect.

4 minutes ago, ukyah said:

no it's not, in any way shape or form. you're just being intentionally stupid and that's boring and weaksauce. at least come up with a clever troll.

Okay so then it changed again. Hard to keep up with the constant updates. That's all the info MLBTR has.

*EDIT* I just saw the new tweet so depending on the prospect the Angels are including, Rengifo is worth more than just Joc.

9 minutes ago, ukyah said:

true, but there's a blurb about the deal potentially shifting to the angels as the 3rd team rather than the twins. in that scenario we'd be getting maeda as well for a higher prospect.

Haven’t seen that blurb anywhere. Everything I have seen says the Twins or Dodgers are going to have to kick in some cash or another prospect. That deal getting done is delaying the Angels-Dogs trade. 

6 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Okay so then it changed again. Hard to keep up with the constant updates. That's all the info MLBTR has.

*EDIT* I just saw the new tweet so depending on the prospect the Angels are including, Rengifo is worth more than just Joc.

it's been pederson, pages and a major league starter for rengifo and a prospect from the first reports. it has never waivered from that minimum trade. rengifo is the name on our end so depending on the prospect he's actually netted a pretty nice return in this deal.

23 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Haven’t seen that blurb anywhere. Everything I have seen says the Twins or Dodgers are going to have to kick in some cash or another prospect. That deal getting done is delaying the Angels-Dogs trade. 

That LA thinking men twitter that posted about Graterol’s medical issue holdup before everyone else mentioned that as a possibility. They also posted about the Betts trade for Verdugo before anyone else. 

46 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Guess we will have to wait for the final haul then. Right now, it's clear Rengifo wasn't worth much and was once again overvalued by many here.

"Right now" there is no deal....   

As far as the rest of this goes,  you're using incomplete information to point to a conclusion you want.  The only measure of how good Rengifo is, or will be, is what he ends up doing as a MLB player.   

You spiking the ball when you haven't scored is pretty funny at least.