• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

4 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

I read a few different sources rumoring Turner to 1b and muncy to 2b and lux/seager/pederson trade for lindor. 

I don’t know why they’d want 2 SS unless they’re going to move Lux to 2B. Even then I’d probably save either Lux or Seager for a separate trade package somewhere else if I’m the Dodgers. I live in OKC so I got season tickets to see the OKC Dodgers here (I know, fuck the Dodgers but baseball is baseball and it’s all I got) and Lux is an absolute monster. They’ve got a lot of positional talent on that team. 

3 hours ago, Broad Street said:

I don’t know why they’d want 2 SS unless they’re going to move Lux to 2B. Even then I’d probably save either Lux or Seager for a separate trade package somewhere else if I’m the Dodgers. I live in OKC so I got season tickets to see the OKC Dodgers here (I know, fuck the Dodgers but baseball is baseball and it’s all I got) and Lux is an absolute monster. They’ve got a lot of positional talent on that team. 

But you have Billy Sims and Rib Crib. There were two more BBQ joints I liked in desolate meth ridden areas, but these two around Moore/ OKC were great. Norman had a good one as did Tulsa and Stillwater when I was next to the campus, but different parts of the map.

The Chicago Cubs have been, according to various executives, "aggressive," "manic," "motivated" and "obvious" in their desire to trade someone. Or someones. The Cubs are going to make a move. They're just not sure what yet.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/12/latest-on-cubs-offseason-plans.html

Still think an Angels/Cubs blockbuster makes too much sense. There’s so many ways both teams could help each other...Contreras, Quintana, Darvish, Chatwood, Caratini, Bryant, Schwarber, Kimbrel, even Hendricks, Lester, Heyward all could fit. Heaney, Marsh, Rengifo, Cozart, Upton, Fletcher, La Stella, Adams, Barria, Sandoval, Suarez, Jones, Thaiss, Bedrosian, Anderson, etc. etc. all make sense for the Cubs.

4 minutes ago, jordan said:

It’s weird. Jon Morosi is the one who included the Angels among 3 others as leading candidates for Wheeler a couple weeks ago. Now not a peep of the Angels being involved. 

Could be that once things got into the $100m+ range they ducked out. And I don’t blame them. 

I think Eppler is all in on Cole or Strasburg right now given the upcoming visits both pitchers are having with teams. Either one of them almost HAS to be our top priority - not Wheeler - and as soon as bidding for Wheeler topped $100m+ it was probably very unrealistic to budget in. 

While everyone’s focused on Wheeler, it’s probably a good time for them to check in on Ryu, Bumgarner, Hamels, the trade market, and a lesser extent, Keuchel, Roark, Wood, Teheran, and see if they can swoop in and nab someone else for something reasonable. 

58 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Sounds more like the Yanks doing their due diligence and believing he’s going to a west coast team. No cash numbers involved? Is that normal for such a big free agent? 

Seems normal this early on, as mentioned it was just an introductory meeting.

Per ESPNs blockbuster for each team column our big splash will be Wheeler and Ryu with Cole going to the Nats and the big blockbuster Cubs trade involving the Astros and Reds instead of us.
That will not give me the warm and fuzzies.

Heres the link if anyone wants to puke...
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28211999/one-blockbuster-move-all-30-mlb-teams

8 minutes ago, floplag said:

Per ESPNs blockbuster for each team column our big splash will be Wheeler and Ryu with Cole going to the Nets and the big blockbuster Cubs trade involving the Astros and Reds instead of us.
That will not give me the warm and fuzzies.

Heres the link if anyone wants to puke...
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28211999/one-blockbuster-move-all-30-mlb-teams

frustrated clint eastwood GIF