• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

15 minutes ago, floplag said:

This is really quite simple, put a number in front of him and ask for an answer.... if he doesnt give you one, then you have one and you go elsewhere.   You dont get played by the goddamn Yankees.
He is not our only need... if it gets to a point where we cant do anything else you have to second guess it.

Until you realize that his agent is the same agent as the other pitchers on the market. 

I actually think this is good news for the Angels. If they even had the hint that they’ll lose out on Cole to the Yankees, I think we see quick moves on other pitchers given our strong need of impact on the mound. The Yankees are trying to scare other teams away to get Cole into signing with them at THEIR price. The quieter it is on the Angels side, the better. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

The players you alienate by giving them a take it or leave it offer?  You can do that to fringe guys but not the top free agents. 

yeah much better to play boras game.
Look he either wants to be here, or he doesnt, its not unreasonable to push him to a decision before we have no other options.  If that offends him, enjoy NY. 

7 minutes ago, floplag said:

yeah much better to play boras game.
Look he either wants to be here, or he doesnt, its not unreasonable to push him to a decision before we have no other options.  If that offends him, enjoy NY. 

if you're going after a boras client who is about the get the largest contract for a pitcher in baseball history, you have to prepare yourself for this going into January.  Maybe longer.  That said, the easiest way to move the process forward is to basically give him what he wants.  Come at him with 8/264 as a starting point and it's not gonna take long to get something done.  Start at 7/210?  It's gonna take awhile.  Plus, it invites others to the party.  

Moustakas got the contract he wanted so he went rather quick this year.  

Trying to push him into a decision won't work.  

I'm glad Eppler did SOMETHING yesterday and got Bundy for 4 low tier prospects, but I'd love for him to get moving and make some shit happen like the Braves, White Sox and Padres.

These types of deals that increase the team's WAR is what Eppler should be doing while he waits on Cole.

16 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm glad Eppler did SOMETHING yesterday and got Bundy for 4 low tier prospects, but I'd love for him to get moving and make some shit happen like the Braves, White Sox and Padres.

These types of deals that increase the team's WAR is what Eppler should be doing while he waits on Cole.

they've got a shit ton up talent in the upper minors which makes these types of moves much easier.  

10 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

they've got a shit ton up talent in the upper minors which makes these types of moves much easier.  

So do we! They made good moves. Eppler needs to do the same. I'm losing patience seeing all this talent getting moved in trades and FA's getting signed and just like last offseason we just get a token blurb about being interested. 

If he doesn't sign one of Cole or Strasburg and make another key move for pitching and a hitting catcher... he can just walk away like Dipoto.

Good riddance if he doesn't improve this team by a lot this offseason. Way too much talent available via FA and trades not to.

I have spoken.

20 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

So do we! They made good moves. Eppler needs to do the same. I'm losing patience seeing all this talent getting moved in trades and FA's getting signed and just like last offseason we just get a token blurb about being interested. 

If he doesn't sign one of Cole or Strasburg and make another key move for pitching and a hitting catcher... he can just walk away like Dipoto.

Good riddance if he doesn't improve this team by a lot this offseason. Way too much talent available via FA and trades not to.

I have spoken.

This is the way. 

19 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I have spoken.

we really don't.  not in the upper minors at least and that's where guys become so much more valuable in trade.  Look at what Marsh has become in 1yr.  We're still a year or two away from having anything close to that.  That's the exact kind of thinking that could get us in real trouble very quickly.  Trading Adams for a mid rotation starter would be a mistake and due to how young he is still, he's not gonna headline a deal for a top of the rotation arm or a middle of the order bat.  

I was hoping for more that what's been done so far and a bunch of the guys I was hoping we'd target have come off the board but I really don't want a bunch of the other expensive options out there and hope we don't damage the future value of the farm by using it up as currency too soon.  I'm ok with it at some point, but now is not the time.  

personally, I don’t think the Angels have enough in prospect capital to be able to trade for genuinely impactful players without really undoing all the work they’ve done over the last 4 or 5 years.  So I’m OK with not having done that.  But I’m for sure solidly in the column of the Angels must make Cole and another legit MLB starter happen this offseason.  And we’ve got to hope they can get a decent catcher somehow also.  Getting Martin Maldonado would be a really lame settle, but something like that is possibly what we’ll have to just accept it looks like. 

Edited by UndertheHalo