• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

I’m not sure if this has been discussed but has anyone realized that Cole’s wife will probably play a huge part in the decision to come to LA? 

If you’ve seen her Instagram, it is nothing short of love for Newport Beach. All I’m saying in the short amount of time that I’ve been married, I’ve already learned a happy wife is a happy life. 

Just my two cents. 

12 minutes ago, TBailey said:

I’m not sure if this has been discussed but has anyone realized that Cole’s wife will probably play a huge part in the decision to come to LA? 

If you’ve seen her Instagram, it is nothing short of love for Newport Beach. All I’m saying in the short amount of time that I’ve been married, I’ve already learned a happy wife is a happy life. 

Just my two cents. 

He went to high school 10 minutes from Angel Stadium. If he wants to be in Anaheim, he will be. The money will likely be the same at the top 3-4 highest bidders. Its just a matter of where he wants to be for the next 6-8 years.

36 minutes ago, floplag said:

Per ESPNs blockbuster for each team column our big splash will be Wheeler and Ryu with Cole going to the Nets and the big blockbuster Cubs trade involving the Astros and Reds instead of us.
That will not give me the warm and fuzzies.

Heres the link if anyone wants to puke...
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28211999/one-blockbuster-move-all-30-mlb-teams

The Nets need help...glad to see them finally addressing it.

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

But you have Billy Sims and Rib Crib. There were two more BBQ joints I liked in desolate meth ridden areas, but these two around Moore/ OKC were great. Norman had a good one as did Tulsa and Stillwater when I was next to the campus, but different parts of the map.

I’ll take Vans Pig Stand over those any day of the week! Rib Crib has really just gone way down in quality. 

1 hour ago, TBailey said:

Just my two cents. 

Most women prefer a lot of money over all else though. She might love Newport Beach but she would love an extra 20 million more to live elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Most women prefer a lot of money over all else though. She might love Newport Beach but she would love an extra 20 million more to live elsewhere. 

From all reports though, the Angels won’t be outbid money wise, right? So if I’d chooses elsewhere...I don’t think it will come down to the extra $20 million. 

6 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Sounds more like the Yanks doing their due diligence and believing he’s going to a west coast team. No cash numbers involved? Is that normal for such a big free agent? 

5 hours ago, eligrba said:

@Tank ???  Is this your experience?

there are many factors involved in selling your team to a FA. it's not only about money. could involve things like school districts for kids, closeness to family, how competitive the team is/will be, whether or not there's an INO nearby, etc.

if you were offered 6/180 from the mariners, 5/150 from the marlins, or 5/165 from the giants, who would you pick and why?

so yes, this has been my experience.

That's ultimately why I am concerned as well. Next season, assuming there's some regression to the mean in regards to health, the Angels are likely a 78 win team (around that). 

Gerrit Cole alone, likely makes them at 84 win team, which is great, but it won't make the Angels even a contender. More just a middling team.  

Quite literally, this team needs Cole AND Strasburg just to get back to 90 wins. Obviously, there probably isn't enough money for that. But getting someone like Ryu and Cole, as well as a starting catcher like Castro puts the Angels in that 90 win range. 

But if Cole costs more than 35 million a year, it's going to be incredibly difficult to pull that off. They'll need to seriously backload some contracts.

Edited by Second Base