• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

7 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

So, if the Angels land Cole (which sounds likely given leaks like this) you are looking at:

Cole

Ohtani

Heaney

Canning

Bundy

followed by:

Barria

Sandoval

Peters

Suarez

Pena

Get one more in there and you can have a 6 man rotation/swing man to account for Ohtani's once a week starts and keeping the innings low for Canning.

I was hoping Heaney would be the #7 in a 6-man rotation.

32 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Probably not too reliable, but what the heck:

063C73AE-C977-408D-8863-0D9398A3E880.jpeg.c2f4e0f866e8863a847fb492cc20cc2a.jpeg

I wonder if incentives count towards the luxury tax. If not, offer a low-ish baseline salary with a bunch of easy incentives.

- $5 million for winning 10 games or more

- $4 million for an ERA below 3.50.

1 hour ago, RBM said:

The problem here is the 6th starter is really going to be a spot starter - 2 to 3 starts per month. They are going to pay Bundy close to $6 M in arbitration. You don’t bring in a guy for $6 M with expectations of 12-15 starts. So Bundy becomes the 2nd starter Eppler was referring to and your “followed by” list will get the spot starts. 
Huge disappointment if It plays out this way. We needed a #2 or #3 but we got another #5 in Bundy. 

I agree that Bundy will be the #5, but Canning might benefit from starting as the #6/spot starter to limit his innings.  Chances are there will be plenty of starts available due to injury the #6 will pick up.  If Canning is the #6 there is still room for 2 more additions.  But using the Primer Series estimated budget increase of $30-40 million and subtracting Bundy’s $6 million, then subtracting $25 million from backloaded Cole contract there’s perhaps $9 million left for a catcher plus.  Castro maybe 2 years $12 million?  So maybe $3 million for another starter, a bullpen piece or a bat.

6 hours ago, RBM said:

The problem here is the 6th starter is really going to be a spot starter - 2 to 3 starts per month. They are going to pay Bundy close to $6 M in arbitration. You don’t bring in a guy for $6 M with expectations of 12-15 starts. So Bundy becomes the 2nd starter Eppler was referring to and your “followed by” list will get the spot starts. 
Huge disappointment if It plays out this way. We needed a #2 or #3 but we got another #5 in Bundy. 

Well, again, that's with the only other move being to sign Cole...I would assume an another move or two will be made in regards.

I think, due to Ohtani's unusual pitching schedule (1 time per week) and Canning's youth and injury concerns, that those guys might be joined at the hip as it would limit Canning's innings, leaving Cole, Heaney, and Bundy as another three of essentially six man rotation.

In this regard I think you will see another sign or trade for one more mid-ration starter to give you:

1. Cole

2. Ohtani (once a week)

3. Sign or trade

4. Heaney

5. Bundy

6. Canning (depending on schedule)

Just now, Calzone 2 said:

The Yankees are trying to sell Cole on the their tradition, history, marketability, postseason and championship potential. They even brought Andy Pettite to the meeting. I don’t think that the Yankees will actually make a formal offer. 

Um ok, are those frequent flyer miles still available 

25 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

This Mike Rankin guy is doubling down on last nights tweet.  Anyone know who he is ? In the thread someone said he has a White Sox prospect blog or something.  So presumably he wouldn’t want to appear completely full of shit.  Still, seems suspect.

Him and that other guy don’t seem to tweet BS after going through their tweets but everyone is trying to gain a few followers this time of year...

I feel like if these guys aren’t bs’ing it gets announced today. After that we’re back to not knowing anything