• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

Well that is good let the stupid Yanks pay 300 or more million on Cole. I don’t care how good he is the only one worth that much is Trout.  Also the pitcher only pitches like 25 games or so not worth that kind of money as to someone who plays about 140 to 160 games. Let the Yanks get Cole and get stuck with the big contract when they were crying they didn’t want anymore big contracts but we know they are full of shit.

3:14
What realistic moves do you see the Angels making this off-season?

Steve Adams
3:15
I picked them to sign Cole, think they'll add a catcher (Jason Castro, as I just noted, makes sense) and that they'll add a second starter of a lower caliber. A durable guy like Porcello or Roark would be a fit given all the injuries they've had.

1 hour ago, rottiesworld said:

Well that is good let the stupid Yanks pay 300 or more million on Cole. I don’t care how good he is the only one worth that much is Trout.  Also the pitcher only pitches like 25 games or so not worth that kind of money as to someone who plays about 140 to 160 games. Let the Yanks get Cole and get stuck with the big contract when they were crying they didn’t want anymore big contracts but we know they are full of shit.

Cole will be laughing all the way to the bank no matter where he goes. I seriously wouldn’t want or expect Arte to pay him $300M. It’s a huge risk for any team. Someone is going to pay him a lot and most likely more than he’s worth. 

One important thing to note..... So far, free agent contracts and extensions have not been exceeding expected AAV levels. They've been pretty much directly in line. The difference this winter is that guys are securing deals that are two years longer than expected. 

Zack Wheeler was expected to get 5 years at 20 million per year. Would it really surprise anyone if he ended up securing 6/120? It's basically the same as 5/100, it just comes with an extra year of control.

Same for Gerrit Cole. He was expected to get around 7/245. Would it really surprise anyone here if he got 8/280? 

Well it would seem the Chisox are completely in our kitchen this off season and have already won the first round with Grandal and are now also going after 2 front line starters per Only on Twitter.  It might seem they are not going Cole/Strasburg high but unless we are and we plan to get one of these tier 2 guys we better get to gettin  so to speak. 

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

Well it would seem the Chisox are completely in our kitchen this off season and have already won the first round with Grandal and are now also going after 2 front line starters per Only on Twitter.  It might seem they are not going Cole/Strasburg high but unless we are and we plan to get one of these tier 2 guys we better get to gettin  so to speak. 

I don't think we were really involved with Grandal. 

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

I think we end up getting Cole and then it will be up to Eppler to fill in the cracks through trades and very thrifty shopping. Arte isn’t going to spend much more than Cole. 

5 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

I think we end up getting Cole and then it will be up to Eppler to fill in the cracks through trades and very thrifty shopping. Arte isn’t going to spend much more than Cole. 

At that point, I think Eppler just shows Arte pictures of Harvey, Cahill and Allen and says...you want this again?

1 minute ago, Erstad Grit said:

Those were the two that I wanted too. Would you advocate 430 million for them though? 

If that what it takes. The window starts now. Unless the Angels want another sub .500 season we are going to have to pay some of these high prices for free agent pitchers. Most people don't want to trade any of our prospects so the best alternative is signing young free agent pitchers. 

1 hour ago, Calzone 2 said:

Well, thats not going to be enough IMO, we need two SP... two good SP