• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

11 minutes ago, rottiesworld said:

Well I’m not sure about Cole as if he really wants to be here why not just sign instead of dragging it out and talking to other teams. He should just hurry and sign so the Angels can move to the plan they have.  I hope he sign soon.

Yep. If he really wanted to be here he’d tell Arte, “Dude, I’ll sign for less so you can sign Stras, too.” What a loser. We should only go for people who really want to be here. 

From the article:

" As reported in September, friends of Rendon believe he's not going to take the conventional path through free agency. Rather than look for a long-term deal that lasts into his late 30s, they think he's more interested in a deal in the range of five years, presumably for a higher average annual salary. In fact, some executives believe that Rendon's forthcoming contract could establish a record for highest annual value. "

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

From the article:

" As reported in September, friends of Rendon believe he's not going to take the conventional path through free agency. Rather than look for a long-term deal that lasts into his late 30s, they think he's more interested in a deal in the range of five years, presumably for a higher average annual salary. In fact, some executives believe that Rendon's forthcoming contract could establish a record for highest annual value. "

*extreme Dodgers energy*

The Rangers and Phillies wouldn’t surprise me either. Maybe 5/$200m?

I remember Rendon saying something to the effect that he hopes he isn't still playing baseball when he's Howie's age... So this all makes sense. Given the Dodgers tried to sign Harper for few years and a higher AAV - I think they're a good possibility to sign Rendon (unfortunately).

22 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Starting to think the Angels aren't really in on Wheeler.

I see both sides of it...for one, Eppler operates so radio silent that the fact they aren’t mentioned there leads me to think that they’re right in the thick of it. There’s also reason to think that signing Wheeler out of the gate (so to speak) gives them a ton of breathing room for the rest of the rotation acquisitions to take shape.

At the same time, that’s an enormous amount of money for Wheeler - could be close to Corbin when all is said and done, though maybe 5 years instead of 6 - and I can see Eppler choosing to stand down rather than grossly overpay, and focus all efforts on Cole/Strasburg, and then waiting out trade/FA markets for the second arm. 

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

I see both sides of it...for one, Eppler operates so radio silent that the fact they aren’t mentioned there leads me to think that they’re right in the thick of it. There’s also reason to think that signing Wheeler out of the gate (so to speak) gives them a ton of breathing room for the rest of the rotation acquisitions to take shape.

At the same time, that’s an enormous amount of money for Wheeler - could be close to Corbin when all is said and done, though maybe 5 years instead of 6 - and I can see Eppler choosing to stand down rather than grossly overpay, and focus all efforts on Cole/Strasburg, and then waiting out trade/FA markets for the second arm. 

Yeah, I'm actually totally fine if they're not in on him if the bidding has already reached these levels.  It puts even more pressure on them to get one of (both?  Ha...) Cole or Strasburg, but that's been my preference all along, anyway.