• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

19 hours ago, Kody Mac said:

I had doubts that he'd sign anywhere else. This will most likely be his farwell tour. Best to chase that ring.

Imagine him going out as a contributor to a Skanks 2019 WS title, and thus preventing them from having only their 2nd WS title-less decade after the 1910s.

Yep, I just threw up a little in my mouth. 

8 hours ago, axalar said:

Harper turns down 10/$300 from Nats per ESPN

Man....im sorry, but thats ridiculous.

Harper is a stud, no doubt. But so far he has been very good, and sometimes a star. He can definitely get better, and maybe he will. But IMO, he hasnt been the guy who was so hyped coming up.

Turning down 300 mill in order to get more seems like a dick move to me.

3 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Harper is a stud, no doubt. But so far he has been very good, and sometimes a star. He can definitely get better, and maybe he will. But IMO, he hasnt been the guy who was so hyped coming up.

there's talk that the numbers were good but he turned it down because of it not having opt outs.  I actually think he'll end up settling for about that or even a shade less but with multiple opt outs.  

5 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Or he knows he will get more. It’s a business decision. Turning down a lot of money is all negotiation. Trout I’m sure will sign whatever the Angels originally offer him. Why even have an agent. 

33 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Or he knows he will get more. It’s a business decision. Turning down a lot of money is all negotiation. Trout I’m sure will sign whatever the Angels originally offer him. Why even have an agent. 

So what youre saying is that the highest contract ever offered in sports isnt good enough? For a guy with 1 MVP, who isnt a good fielder, and isnt the best player in the league?

Got it.

57 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

So what youre saying is that the highest contract ever offered in sports isnt good enough? For a guy with 1 MVP, who isnt a good fielder, and isnt the best player in the league?

Got it.

Well, if he thinks he can get that same deal with an opt out after year 3 (before his age 29 season), why on Earth wouldn't he take that instead? 

If he has a good enough "opt out year", he could then probably get an additional 10M per year.  

I don't really blame him personally. He's coming off a "meh" year (for his standards). No reason for him not to want at least 1 opt out.

Plus, he is from Vegas. He has no allegiance to the Washington Nationals beyond them being the team he was drafted by. I'm sure he enjoyed his time there but money talks and he's a Boras client

57 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Well, if he thinks he can get that same deal with an opt out after year 3 (before his age 29 season), why on Earth wouldn't he take that instead? 

If he has a good enough "opt out year", he could then probably get an additional 10M per year.  

I don't really blame him personally. He's coming off a "meh" year (for his standards). No reason for him not to want at least 1 opt out.

Plus, he is from Vegas. He has no allegiance to the Washington Nationals beyond them being the team he was drafted by. I'm sure he enjoyed his time there but money talks and he's a Boras client

Dont get me wrong. I agree he wants the opt outs. That said, thats something you do when the market is jumping at what you wanted.so lets say hes looking at a chance to up his stock with a bounceback year. Cool. Sign a jd martinez contract.

But hes shooting down the richest contract in history...when hes coming off a down year. And hes never been thought of as the best in the game.

If he doesnt want to stay in washington, thats totally fair. But i think hes doing this for more money...which to me is lame. Like i said, hes being offered the richest contract in history, guaranteed money, when hes so far not lived up to his hype tag...

Just my 2 cents.

5 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Dont get me wrong. I agree he wants the opt outs. That said, thats something you do when the market is jumping at what you wanted.so lets say hes looking at a chance to up his stock with a bounceback year. Cool. Sign a jd martinez contract.

But hes shooting down the richest contract in history...when hes coming off a down year. And hes never been thought of as the best in the game.

If he doesnt want to stay in washington, thats totally fair. But i think hes doing this for more money...which to me is lame. Like i said, hes being offered the richest contract in history, guaranteed money, when hes so far not lived up to his hype tag...

Just my 2 cents.

I get that and somewhat agree. But to me he is probably thinking he can get the best of both worlds. He can get the richest contract ever right now AND have it include an opt out so he can be a FA again after Trout signs his deal.

18 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

The Mariners and Rays are closing in on a trade that would send catcher Mike Zunino and outfielder Guillermo Heredia to Tampa Bay in exchange for outfielder Mallex Smith, reports Ryan Divish of the Seattle Times. The Rays could include an additional lower-level prospect in the deal, Divish adds.

Mallex seems like a good pickup.

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

The Mariners and Rays are closing in on a trade that would send catcher Mike Zunino and outfielder Guillermo Heredia to Tampa Bay in exchange for outfielder Mallex Smith, reports Ryan Divish of the Seattle Times. The Rays could include an additional lower-level prospect in the deal, Divish adds.

done deal.  with one minor league player being exchanged on each side as well.  

On paper it makes sense. Smith goes to CF in Seattle, which moves Gordon to 2B where he actually knows how to play, and Cano slides over to DH. But somehow, I just think the Rays will come out on top with this trade. Dipoto has his moments, but he loses probably 70% of the deals he makes, comes out even 20% and wins 10%. 

Zunino is probably going to go off playing in the AL East and hit 35 bombs and if that doesn't  somehow  propel TB to the playoffs, well I bet they could flip Zunino at the deadline and get a heck of a lot more than Mallex Smith for him.