• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

2 hours ago, Kody Mac said:

Joe Mauer retired. Chances at the HOF?

I think he gets in but barely.

He seems like a sure thing.  Universally loved/respected -- only catcher in MLB to win three batting titles..  One MVP, multiple GGs, Silver Slugger awards and ASGs...   7th best WAR total among catchers, his 7 year peak seasons are better than those of the guys already in the HOF..   

May not be a first ballot guy but he's definitely a HOFer imho.

44 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

He seems like a sure thing.  Universally loved/respected -- only catcher in MLB to win three batting titles..  One MVP, multiple GGs, Silver Slugger awards and ASGs...   7th best WAR total among catchers, his 7 year peak seasons are better than those of the guys already in the HOF..   

May not be a first ballot guy but he's definitely a HOFer imho.

Yah.  He'll get in no problem.  If he guts it out at C for 3 more years, he'd probably be a 1st ballot.  

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Am I the only one who feels as though it’s been a slow start to free agency? 

It will be relatively slow up until the Winter Meetings. It is fairly normal par for the course. Due to the amount of money floating out there to spend by the 30 teams as a whole, you might see a small handful of early signings perhaps but the meetings will kick it off more fully.

28 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

What ? Paxton is a very good pitcher.  If the Astros or Yankees get him life gets that much tougher for the Angels. 

Think about who the GM is for each team.  The Angels will be fine.

I was being sarcastic.......I hope the Yankees send a butt-load of prospects that fizzle out and that Paxton gets injured in his first year as a Yankee.  I hope history repeats itself in this scenario.

The Astros are so far ahead of the Angels at this time, it really does not matter if Paxton goes to Houston. It will be nice to see the Houston staff get collectively older to reduce their window.

I guess my point is I don’t think a single free agent has signed a major league deal with another team in the first week of free agency.  I guess it isn’t out of the ordinary, but after last year where so many guys were left holding their dick in their hands I half expected a couple of quick signings.