• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

1 hour ago, Ender said:

Relief pitcher. Yawn. Dime a dozen.

Yarbrough, yeah that hurts too, but Smyly was basically supposed to be him or Yarbrough is Smyly. Maybe in another world Smyly doesn't destroy his arm and he signs an extension.

Carlos Vargas? Who? Who cares. Same with Luis Renigfo .... these are all players on NOBODIES prospect lists.

I'll eat a poop filled shoe if Luis Facking Renigfo has a career as a starter for you guys.

Peralta? Sometimes shit happens when you trade 19 year olds. He was a non-prospect when traded.

Every team in baseball has trades of "no names" that end up panning out. It just happens.

We're all just trying to help you see who your GM actually is and what he does to baseball teams.  The evidence is right in front of you. 

Just now, IEAngelsfan said:

I don't think Ender can hear you.

image.jpeg.597a13001e092722442e68276656d16a.jpeg

@Ender To be fair to Ender, we were all there when Dipoto was the Angels GM.  It was only a year or so later that we really began to realize just what he'd done to this organization.  Servais too. 

No prospects, non-playoff team, bloated payroll, no international presence, terrible drafts......it all rings a bell to us, and I think if M fans were being honest, they'd probably see that too.  But Most don't want to believe that, and I understand why.  It's easier to just sit back and enjoy the initial excitement of all these moves he's making, and not worry about the long term consequences.

But eventually those consequences will come, and on that day, they'll understand exactly what we understand. 

1 hour ago, Ender said:

Relief pitcher. Yawn. Dime a dozen.

Yarbrough, yeah that hurts too, but Smyly was basically supposed to be him or Yarbrough is Smyly. Maybe in another world Smyly doesn't destroy his arm and he signs an extension.

Carlos Vargas? Who? Who cares. Same with Luis Renigfo .... these are all players on NOBODIES prospect lists.

I'll eat a poop filled shoe if Luis Facking Renigfo has a career as a starter for you guys.

Peralta? Sometimes shit happens when you trade 19 year olds. He was a non-prospect when traded.

Every team in baseball has trades of "no names" that end up panning out. It just happens.

it all sounds so familiar.  

all we can do it tell you what happened to us.  All those no names ended up adding up because sometimes those no names become something.  But if you have none of them then you've got no chance to see.  the other thing you'll begin to see is that not only are those players being sent off, but the rate of replacement is far less.  

9 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

all we can do it tell you what happened to us.  All those no names ended up adding up because sometimes those no names become something.  But if you have none of them then you've got no chance to see.  the other thing you'll begin to see is that not only are those players being sent off, but the rate of replacement is far less.  

today admins GIF

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

We think it's fine, then all of a sudden, you see Segura, Clevinger, Grichuk, Walden, Chatwood, Brasier, Almonte and others playing important roles on other teams. 

You mostly don't notice it at first, but this steady stream of losing prospects eventually takes its toll. 

And the players he targets never really end up working out. 

3 hours ago, Dochalo said:

yep.  at the time, all those guys were super low level and barely on anyone's radar.  but for the -0.3 WAR Lind gave them.  chip chip chip away.  

Similar to us losing Ricardo Sanchez or Yency Almonte, or Mike Clevinger or Randal Grichuk, or Jean Seguar or Tyler Chatwood and about 20 others.  They didn't all end up being stud major leaguers but it took away future options.  

Clevinger?

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

Everything started to cave in for Dipoto after the 2014 season. The team went from 1st in runs (773) to 20th (661). I believe trading HK47 had a lot to do with that ... the continuity of the lineup was never the same. 

that and Joyce being in LF and Iannetta having a horrible year offensively.  That's where having zero farm depth kills you as well.  Our bench was dreadful.  We got -3.0 wins from the bench that year in addition to the -1.2 wins from Joyce.  

16 hours ago, Kevinb said:

300 million dollars is the highest contract ever offered? Wasn't Stantons contract 325 or 350? So hmm I think you are wrong on highest contract ever. 

Good catch, i was off. I thought stanton was 275.

16 hours ago, Kevinb said:

But if he doesn't it is his loss not yours. 

So then I shall refrain from having an opinion. 

Of course, that would include everyone here, yourself included, from having any opinion. Being that we arent actually Angels. So what do we care if they win or lose?

5 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Good catch, i was off. I thought stanton was 275.

So then I shall refrain from having an opinion. 

Of course, that would include everyone here, yourself included, from having any opinion. Being that we arent actually Angels. So what do we care if they win or lose?

To the second point I care less and less the older I get. I still enjoy it but whether my favorite sports teams win or lose doesn't have some dramatic effect on my life. I was more at odds with your comment about him being a dick because he turned down a deal. I don't know why you think that makes him a dick? I guess that was my real problem with what you said. 

29 minutes ago, Barrett said:

To the second point I care less and less the older I get. I still enjoy it but whether my favorite sports teams win or lose doesn't have some dramatic effect on my life. I was more at odds with your comment about him being a dick because he turned down a deal. I don't know why you think that makes him a dick? I guess that was my real problem with what you said. 

....are you and kevinb the same guy? I quoted hin, didnt see if you quoted me earlier.

Anyway, i dont think hes a dick for turning down deal. I thinks its a dick move to turn down that deal. 

Its his life and money, so its not for me to say. I just think thats by far and a way a fair deal, given that he so far has never lived up to the hype, and is already being offered to get paid as if he has.

To put it in bigger picture terms, a contract like that is a huge burden to a team...it effects other moves. Thats fine. But its basically saying "300 million isnt enough, pay me more, regardless of how it effects the rest of the team."

I 9 times out of 10 support the player in these situations.i think they should get all they can. But 300 mill is already pretty much breaking the bank. Maybe he wants more years? 

moron dipoto who:

1. traded 2 prospects to ATL for Mallex Smith

2. then traded Mallex Smith and 2 prospects for Drew Smyly who never played game for Ms

3. and now traded Zunino and Heredia for Mallex Smith.

ONLY JERRY Facking DIPOTO WOULD FIND A WAY TO ESSENTIALLY TRADE A BUNCH OF PROSPECTS, ZUNINO, HEREDIA, AND MALLEX SMITH FOR........MALLEX SMITH