• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

6 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

So what youre saying is that the highest contract ever offered in sports isnt good enough? For a guy with 1 MVP, who isnt a good fielder, and isnt the best player in the league?

Got it.

300 million dollars is the highest contract ever offered? Wasn't Stantons contract 325 or 350? So hmm I think you are wrong on highest contract ever. That being said why the hell would he agree to a deal days before free agency. Bidding will start and I am willing to bet you he gets over the 300 million dollar offer from Washington. But if he doesn't it is his loss not yours. I don't know why that makes him a dick? 

5 hours ago, Lou said:

Those two things aren't mutually exclusive

They kind of are. Have you met Boras? Him trying to do what is best for his client and get him the most money possible makes him a douche? or dick or whatever was said? Cool. It is what a good agent does. I don't know if you own your home or if you rent an apt, but I am sure your real estate agent will try his hardest to draw up as much interest in possible to get you the most money. 

Mallex Smith

traded by the braves with Shae Simmons for Thomas Burrows and Luiz Gohara

traded by the M's to tampa with Carlos Vargas and and Ryan Yarbrough for Drew Smyly

traded by the Rays with Jake Fraley to the M's for Mike Zunino, Guillermo Heredia, and Michael Plassmeyer. 

So the M's end up with Mallex Smith and Jake Fraley for Zunino, Heredia, Plassmeyer, Gohara,  Thomas Burrows, Carlos Vargas, and Ryan Yarbrough.  

Shae Simmons was released.  pitched 7.2 innings for the M's in 2017.  Age 28.  
Smyly never threw a pitch for the M's
Jake Fraley is a 23yo OFer with a .962 ops in A+ this year.  2nd rounder of the 2016 draft for the rays.  
Smith - 3.5 WAR in 2018 with a .773 ops and 40 steals. Age 25.  

Luiz Gohara is a top 100 prospect and would be the M's #1
Thomas Burrows is the Braves #19 prospect.  He's a lefty reliever with 86k in 67.2ip and a 2.66 era between A+/AA this year.  He's 24.  
Carlos Vargas had a .746 ops in rookie ball as a 19yo.  He plays 3b/1b and a little SS.  
Ryan Yarbrough is 26 and had a 3.91 era in 147.1 ip for the rays this year with 128k.  He has a 3.22 era in the minors with 404k in 425ip.  
Mike Zunino has 7 WAR over the last 3 years and two more years of club control.  
Heredia is a 27 yo 4th OFer at best 
Plassmeyer is 22 yo and the M's 4th rounder from 2018.  He had 44k in 24.0 ip and a 2.25 era in A-  over 12 starts.  

25 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

They kind of are. Have you met Boras? Him trying to do what is best for his client and get him the most money possible makes him a douche? or dick or whatever was said? Cool. It is what a good agent does. I don't know if you own your home or if you rent an apt, but I am sure your real estate agent will try his hardest to draw up as much interest in possible to get you the most money. 

except that doc didn't say Boras was a douche for trying to get his client the most money. ergo, your analogy is completely off base. 

stop saying stupid shit. 

6 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Mallex Smith

traded by the M's to tampa with Carlos Vargas and and Ryan Yarbrough for Drew Smyly

traded by the Rays with Jake Fraley to the M's for Mike Zunino, Guillermo Heredia, and Michael Plassmeyer. 

So the M's end up with Mallex Smith and Jake Fraley for Zunino, Heredia, Plassmeyer, Gohara,  Thomas Burrows, Carlos Vargas, and Ryan Yarbrough.  

Jake Fraley is a 23yo OFer with a .962 ops in A+ this year.  2nd rounder of the 2016 draft for the rays.  

Thomas Burrows is the Braves #19 prospect.  He's a lefty reliever with 86k in 67.2ip and a 2.66 era between A+/AA this year.  He's 24.  
Carlos Vargas had a .746 ops in rookie ball as a 19yo.  He plays 3b/1b and a little SS.  
Ryan Yarbrough is 26 and had a 3.91 era in 147.1 ip for the rays this year with 128k.  He has a 3.22 era in the minors with 404k in 425ip.  
Plassmeyer is 22 yo and the M's 4th rounder from 2018.  He had 44k in 24.0 ip and a 2.25 era in A-  over 12 starts.  

But he totally hasn't wasted their resources and if you believe his bullshit, he's made them younger and given them more years of control....   It really is amazing to watch now that he's somewhere else...  

6 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Mallex Smith

@Ender

this is the actuality of the situation that you referred to as “narrative” a few days back.   Enjoy.  

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

@Ender

this is the actuality of the situation that you referred to as “narrative” a few days back.   Enjoy.  

Smyly was bad shitty luck and I don't care about anyone in those prospect lists besides Gohara, high chance none of them amount to anything. 

Trading Gohara was dumb, but back then Smyly was a known quantity ... Gohara may not even be that good in the MLB anyway ... after all he was a Mariner.

7 minutes ago, Ender said:

Smyly was bad shitty luck and I don't care about anyone in those prospect lists besides Gohara, high chance none of them amount to anything. 

Trading Gohara was dumb, but back then Smyly was a known quantity ... Gohara may not even be that good in the MLB anyway ... after all he was a Mariner.

Damn we all defended Dipoto this same exact way, I feel so bad for M’s fans 

8 hours ago, Lou said:

"except that doc didn't say Boras was a douche for trying to get his client the most money"

i truly believe that you have the worst reading comprehension in the history of this board 

Yes because what we were just talking about was him turning down 300 million dollars and his agent trying to get him the most money. It was implied. Sorry you are old and don’t understand how I could have gotten there. 

4 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Yes because what we were just talking about was him turning down 300 million dollars and his agent trying to get him the most money. It was implied. Sorry you are old and don’t understand how I could have gotten there. 

doc disagreed with you. 

stop saying stupid shit. 

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

But he totally hasn't wasted their resources and if you believe his bullshit, he's made them younger and given them more years of control....   It really is amazing to watch now that he's somewhere else...  

I really think this is an excuse to turn over a bunch of players he doesn't care much for as opposed to an actual rebuild.  

All things point to him being horribly impatient

He drafts college players because they are closer to the majors
He trades away from the farm constantly because he doesn't want to take the time to develop those guys and wait for them to get to the majors. 
Every resource goes to the major league club even when he's exchanging out major leaguers.  
And when things don't go as planned, he turns over the major league roster for other major league player which is what he's going to do this year.  

8 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I wasn't talking about that.