• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

46 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I think Machado will sign at the winter meetings.  I've got a sneaking suspicion that Harper is going to re-sign with the Nats here in the next couple days.  The mid market guys are going to sign much sooner this year.  There are fewer boars clients I think and the trades of the Marlins OF took a bunch of time. 

Trades of the upper echelon guys seem to hold up the market for that position.  So this year, the catcher market will move slower than everything else because of realmuto and the fact that there are other options on the market like Grandal, Ramos and Suzuki.  The reliever market will go early as always.  I think SP will go quick as well in that Corbin will set the market with the yankees moving early and then trickle down from there.  I think the position player market will move pretty quick in the mid tier

I'm not feeling a  ton of big trades this year.  Most of the crappy teams with a couple good players have already move those guys.   

some teams that could potentially trade guys off - TOR, MIN, PIT, TEX, ARI

I hope you're right. Personally, I think the market will move at a normal pace, lot so far December signings and trades, but I think Harper and Machado are going to wait until January to sign, which will cause quite a bit of unnecessary drama. They'll probably end up going where they were always going to go anyway. Probably Machado to the Phils and Harper back in DC. 

But I do think Corbin is going to sign quickly with the Yanks. 

16 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

There is no way Harper signs with the Nats before he hits the open market.  He waited this long to be a free agent and now he is only days away.  He isn't going to sign now before he get a a chance to see how the market values him.

he will if they give him 300 mil.  This won't happen because of the Nats more than because of harper.  The Nats will hedge that he won't get that much.  I bet they've offered 8/200+ but not more than that.  

Every year Boras comes out in the media with the starting bid for his most high profile client.  Last year it was that JD martinez wanted 7/210.   He signed for 5/110.  Usually I discount Boras opening bid by 40%.  This year it was Harper for 10/350.  He'll get 8/240.  Normally I would have said he'd get 8/200, but because of Harper's age I think the aav goes up a bit.  The Nats and Boras have a thing so it might end up around 9/270 with some deferred money.  

18 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

He was clearly joking and when he stated that, it wasn't even legal for any teams to offer him a contract anyway.

Offer contract, sure, negotiate, nah.  Besides it isnt like Boras follows the rules anyway, i guarantee he was working it during he series and it could easily be done. 

1 hour ago, floplag said:

Offer contract, sure, negotiate, nah.  Besides it isnt like Boras follows the rules anyway, i guarantee he was working it during he series and it could easily be done. 

my previous comment  . . 

9 hours ago, Lou said:

the kids are so naive these days 

1 hour ago, floplag said:

It’s called tampering man.  There’s no way any team was taking to him.  He was Nationals property until the day after World Series.  Boras was making a joke. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that the Dodgers will "definitely" make Yasmani Grandal a one-year, $17.9 million qualifying offer.

Grandal's stock took a hit during the playoffs when he had an awful time defensively and lost his starting job to Austin Barnes for the second straight postseason. However, he's still in line for a nice payday this winter given his power and reputation as a pitch-framer

Well there goes that option...Eppler has made it pretty clear that he wont surrender a draft pick for a FA

23 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports that the Dodgers will "definitely" make Yasmani Grandal a one-year, $17.9 million qualifying offer.

Grandal's stock took a hit during the playoffs when he had an awful time defensively and lost his starting job to Austin Barnes for the second straight postseason. However, he's still in line for a nice payday this winter given his power and reputation as a pitch-framer

Well there goes that option...Eppler has made it pretty clear that he wont surrender a draft pick for a FA

And it looks like the Braves will be players on Realmuto meaning we well have to overpay in trade as they have better options.   
Also means Ramos value just went up. 
In short a giant shit sandwich and were in trouble at C. 

7 minutes ago, floplag said:

And it looks like the Braves will be players on Realmuto meaning we well have to overpay in trade as they have better options.   
Also means Ramos value just went up. 
In short a giant shit sandwich and were in trouble at C. 

My guess is that they were probably going to roll with the 2 they had already, but this definitely limits the possibilities. If it were me, I'd send all of those assets for DeGrom before I did Realmuto.