• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

10 hours ago, m0nkey said:

These two clowns in a nutshell. Heyman has been tweeting the same stuff about Harper in different wording for months. 

Heyman tweets are like a Nickleback song, an attempt to use all the same exact words in a different order in hopes that the outcome will sound differently.

6 hours ago, eligrba said:

Bob Nightengale/Jon Heyman reporting the latest Bryce Harper rumors.

giphy.gif

Yep, I'll bet dollars to donuts that the Phillies are negotiating against themselves.  These national reporters want to cutlivate good relationships with the agents so they just trot out whatever self-serving BS they're given, without confirmation.  

Man, I'd love to see Boras have to swallow his pride and take an inferior deal to Machado's.  Machado seems to me (and likely to many owners) a far safer and more valuable bet than Harper.

Possibly big news that could pertain to Trout signing an extension here, instead of the Yankees.

Yanks sign their current CF to a long extension, well past 2021. At least contractually, their outfield is set for a while, assuming they would chance playing Stanton out there much.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/02/yankees-extend-aaron-hicks.html

2 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Possibly big news that could pertain to Trout signing an extension here, instead of the Yankees.

Yanks sign their current CF to a long extension, well past 2021. At least contractually, their outfield is set for a while.

It's the Yankees.  They can still sign Trout. This allows them to trade Hicks for the "world's greatest group of prospects ever" ensuring ESPN's profit margins.

3 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

If Trout goes anywhere it will be to Philly. 

Trout not clearly stating he wants to stay an angel, makes me pretty sure he's leaving. There's no reason not to say it.

other than the fact that he's never said it as directed by his agent in order to maintain leverage.  so there is a reason.  Everything he's said this year is very similar to what he said a month before he signed his current extension.  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

other than the fact that he's never said it as directed by his agent in order to maintain leverage.  so there is a reason.  Everything he's said this year is very similar to what he said a month before he signed his current extension.  

I wonder, did it ever occur to you that he signed the last one to give them a chance to improve, and they havent?    Fool me one shame on me fool me twice... well, you know the rest.  

24 minutes ago, floplag said:

I wonder, did it ever occur to you that he signed the last one to give them a chance to improve, and they havent?    Fool me one shame on me fool me twice... well, you know the rest.  

Come on man.  He signed because they gave him a shit load of money.   There was no wait and see aspect to Trouts first contract. 

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Come on man.  He signed because they gave him a shit load of money.   There was no wait and see aspect to Trouts first contract. 

He was going to get a shit ton of money regardless, that couldn't possibly be his sole motivation.
He could have already been a FA and would have gotten a kinds ransom, and as i recall he took a bit less than a lot thought he should have to stay, perhaps to help them club improve overall. 
We dont know, thats the only thing thats true, but money cant be all there is to this, not in his case.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

So, now he has a shit load of money. He can now choose, as he most consistently says in any talk about his future, a winning organization. 

The Angels are trying, no doubt. Problem is, it looks like Houston will prevent them from most PROBABLY being anything but a WC team through 2020. Tough row to hoe, these days. The NL East is going to be wide open by 2021.

I agree with Jars. I think he would be more emphatic about wanting to play here, if he was emphatic about playing here. Mebbe he has an agent muzzle on. I cant see how that would stop him from being effusive about being out here on the West Coast. But you just dont hear it. And he spends all his time back east, when he has a choice.

3 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Yanks sign their current CF to a long extension, well past 2021. At least contractually, their outfield is set for a while, assuming they would chance playing Stanton out there much.

Do you really think that the wealthiest franchise in MLB will let Aaron Hicks stand between them trying to sign the greatest player of this generation (IF he becomes a FA)?

4 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Yankee's can have Mike next summer for Judge, Sanchez, Andujar, Severino and Betances.....and 2 Prospects....   ?

4 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

Trout not clearly stating he wants to stay an angel, makes me pretty sure he's leaving. There's no reason not to say it.

what a fatalistic view.

he's under contract for two more seasons. there's absolutely no reason for him to confirm or deny anything right now. you know as well as the rest of us that the minute he makes any kind of statement one way or the other about free agency, he's going to be inundated about it, and it will overwhelm everything else he does. What a huge distraction that will be to his team.

He is absolutely right and smart to not to address his contract status at this point in time.

7 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

7 hours ago, eligrba said:

It's the Yankees.  They can still sign Trout. This allows them to trade Hicks for the "world's greatest group of prospects ever" ensuring ESPN's profit margins.

Judge is going to get a 30 a year extension very soon.

3 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Yankee's can have Mike next summer for Judge, Sanchez, Andujar, Severino and Betances.....and 2 Prospects....   ?

We laugh, but at the same time, Trout offers almost as much value in terms of wins as they group of players, but only takes up one roster spot, instead of five. The Angels likely wouldn't accept that deal because Andujar doesn't sniff 3B on an Eppler run team, Sanchez would fail to remain a catcher beyond next year, and Betances is a free agent after this year. So the only constant values in that package are Judge and Severino.  That just speaks as to how insanely good Mike Trout actually is at baseball, and just how difficult it is to actually put a comparable value on him. 

5 hours ago, floplag said:

He was going to get a shit ton of money regardless, that couldn't possibly be his sole motivation.
He could have already been a FA and would have gotten a kinds ransom, and as i recall he took a bit less than a lot thought he should have to stay, perhaps to help them club improve overall. 
We dont know, thats the only thing thats true, but money cant be all there is to this, not in his case.

Trout was willing to sign a lifetime contract.