• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

2 minutes ago, Kody Mac said:

I do. If Harper signs with the Phillies it takes up a lot of money they could have potentially tried to throw at Trout. Hopefully the "Trout will go to Philly" narrative will die down a bit.

If Trout hits the market there will suddenly be no shortage of money available to sign him 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Why would you come into a thread just to let us know you don’t care.  Go to a different thread, one that you care about the topic.  The “who cares” is probably the shittiest contribution to a thread there is.  

Don't get your lacy intimates all bunched up strad. I'm kidding around about how f'n long it's taken for him to sign for what he was offered 5 months ago. It's a bunch of crap that it's stretched out this long. For what?

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Shittiest Offseason Ever. 

while it's been painful from a pure baseball standpoint, Eppler did the right thing this year.  He made the team better for 2019 while preserving the farm system.  He also didn't make multi-year commitments to players just because they were available.  Avoiding the 3-4 year deal on mid tier players over 30 is as important to keeping the farm intact.  At least for now.  You're going to hit on 1-2 in ten of McCutchen, Eovaldi, Pollock, Britton, Lynn, Hosmer, Darvish, JD Martinez, Cain, Arrieta, Carlos Santana, Cozart, Jay Bruce, Mike Minor, Cespedes, Fowler, Desmond, Reddick, Encarnacion, Trumbo and so on and so forth.  

This free agent class was way overrated.  Two marquis position players, one good pitcher who got paid more than I would have expected and a bunch of risk.  We didn't match up well in this class at all.  We needed pitching and that available was ok.  Eppler did it right by not settling for the next best player when that player wasn't someone he was overly excited about.  He went 1yr deals instead.  More risk for 2019 when it's easier to absorb.  

I was hopeful for a few different scenarios that didn't happen, but I am very happy a few other scenarios didn't happen as well.