• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

10 hours ago, Lou said:

we've won enough offseasons in the past. 

Yeah I wasn't talking about our moves, should have made that clear. I actually think we improved and that we'll compete with the Stros and A's this season.

I'm just referring to the links to this guy or that guy via FA or trades only to see it not happen, but more so the inactivity in FA as a whole across all teams and how most of the big names are unsigned and it's almost March.

I really want Harper and Machado to sign so we can focus on Trout.

But Mike can predict the weather

@BNightengale

FollowingFollowing @BNightengale
More

Mike Trout on #Phillies Free agent search: ‘I didn’t go a day this winter without someone asking, ‘When you coming to Philly.’ I can’t predict the future.’

7:42 AM - 18 Feb 2019

67 replies373 retweets1,685 likes

Retweet

Direct message

What players and agents overvaluing themselves?For  GMs and front offices finally realizing spending $50-100 mil on players over 30 are terrible deals?

I think these things are good for baseball. Manny and Harper haven’t signed and it’s practically Spring Training... Is it because baseball is colluding? No it’s because both of them truly aren’t worth a 10year-300 million contract no matter how much they think they are. Two D bags getting what they deserve ... to be low balled 

1 hour ago, floplag said:

Ever, no... under Arte, yes i would agree.   Its the first time since he took the help that I felt like this team didn't make its best effort to try to win.

the grass is light green.  

seriously though, I feel like Eppler worked his tail off this winter and they made more of an effort than I can ever remember them making in previous Eppler directed seasons.  In years past, we let guys like Nava/Gentry man LF or put Espinosa or Gia at 2b.  He made an attempt to upgrade every weak spot.  

If by 'best effort' you mean they could have spent more to make the team better, then I agree they could have done that, but they could have done that every year Eppler has been here.  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

the grass is light green.  

seriously though, I feel like Eppler worked his tail off this winter and they made more of an effort than I can ever remember them making in previous Eppler directed seasons.  In years past, we let guys like Nava/Gentry man LF or put Espinosa or Gia at 2b.  He made an attempt to upgrade every weak spot.  

If by 'best effort' you mean they could have spent more to make the team better, then I agree they could have done that, but they could have done that every year Eppler has been here.  

I wasnt blaming Epp actually.  I dont question his effort within the limitations, i agree he did that, his hands were tied. He tried to make a lot of moves and ultimately we got over bid on the bulk of them, not much else he could do.   He did the best he could without gutting the farm or commuting long term silly money. 
I do question the limitations that were put on him, but thats just my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

If the baseball industry has no money, why aren't teams for sale?   And when one does come up for sale, the billionaires line up around the block to join the club.

Cubs have the 2nd highest payroll.  

They're not the problem.  There's plenty of money out there.  

This is a bunch of players upset that they 'put their time in' yet they're not getting paid like many before them.   They feel like they're entitled to some sort of payment for previous services rendered and teams have obviously changed their tune on that.  

I think the thing that pisses the players off the most is that guys who played the game and rich owners used to hand them money and both sides were on the same page as to what determined value.  Now, they've got 'nerds' and bean counters trying to tell them they they're not worth it.  Non-baseball folk have invaded their game and they've shown a more lucrative way for their bosses to make money.  

I've said this before, but I think the player's anger is misplaced.  You're in a union and your representation has let you down.  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

I've said this before, but I think the player's anger is misplaced.  You're in a union and your representation has let you down.  

This is completely....

MLBPA should make this book https://www.amazon.com/Whole-Different-Ball-Game-Revolution/dp/1566635993 required reading for all their players...   

There is no way things get where they are if Miller were still at the head of the players union.

1 hour ago, AngelStew43 said:

If the baseball industry has no money, why aren't teams for sale?   And when one does come up for sale, the billionaires line up around the block to join the club.

Its the same reason billion dollar corporations look for tax relief when they consider relocating.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

This is completely....

MLBPA should make this book https://www.amazon.com/Whole-Different-Ball-Game-Revolution/dp/1566635993 required reading for all their players...   

There is no way things get where they are if Miller were still at the head of the players union.

Miller >>>>> Fehr.   Miller had more respect for the game.

16 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

If that is true regarding Machado, and he turns it down, he is a total tararagoodieh!

Personally, if I'm the Padres owner and GM, I don't do it.   Machado isn't worth $250 million, not with that attitude that he has.