• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

29 minutes ago, floplag said:

i dont recall ever reading this, can you produce a link to that statement?

no.  but @Lou can. ?

my point for bringing it up is that any speculation about how Trout is weighing the pro and cons of his next deal are just that.  

what we know for sure is that he's stated he likes playing here and wants to win.  we have also seen him say 'no comment' on contract negotiations and then sign an extension.  

we know he enjoys hunting and weather and the eagles and that he goes to millville in the off season.  All things we've seen him get to enjoy while still being an Angel.  

personally, I think Harper wants to play for the Dodgers big time and that we'll see one of those 'swell opt' deals for him similar in structure to what Arrieta got.  Where he gets 7/245 guaranteed with an opt out after 4 years and the dogs can exercise a 5 year option at 5/175 that would make the deal worth 9/315.  

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

personally, I think Harper wants to play for the Dodgers big time and that we'll see one of those 'swell opt' deals for him similar in structure to what Arrieta got.  Where he gets 7/245 guaranteed with an opt out after 4 years and the dogs can exercise a 5 year option at 5/175 that would make the deal worth 9/315.  

You may be right, but 9/315 would be a huge overpay for what he brings to a team.

4 hours ago, floplag said:

well shit im sorry i didnt read every link on the subject there Lou, i hate to disappoint you.   Did you happen to come across what he was asking for at the time?

it wasn't a criticism as much as surprise. not only was it mentioned all over the interwebs, but has been brought up here endless times. 

8 hours ago, Lou said:

it wasn't a criticism as much as surprise. not only was it mentioned all over the interwebs, but has been brought up here endless times. 

Well, what can i say, i missed it :)  i would be very intrigued by the terms though, did anyone ever see anything on that?  Why would the front office not take him up on it?

1 minute ago, floplag said:

Well, what can i say, i missed it :)  i would be very intrigued by the terms though, did anyone ever see anything on that?  Why would the front office not take him up on it?

Because giving a 13 year contract to a guy finishing his 2nd year is unheard of.  This contract was in March of 2014, so yes he was coming off of back to back amazing years, but 13 years is insane.  Everything looks like a mistake when you have hindsight.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Because giving a 13 year contract to a guy finishing his 2nd year is unheard of.  This contract was in March of 2014, so yes he was coming off of back to back amazing years, but 13 years is insane.  Everything looks like a mistake when you have hindsight.  

Perhaps, but thats not what im asking though, im asking what the terms were... if they were favorable it might have made perfect sense.  Yes hindsight is 20/20 but without the terms is also guessing. 

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

Perhaps, but thats not what im asking though, im asking what the terms were... if they were favorable it might have made perfect sense.  Yes hindsight is 20/20 but without the terms is also guessing. 

I thought it was similar to the Stanton deal, but I am not positive if that was what was reported or if that was my opinion based on what I read.  

9 hours ago, Dochalo said:

With Harper being from Vegas I think he just wants to be on the west coast and play for a winning team. Which I guess would be the same thing as saying what you said. Dodgers are the only team on the west coast to fit that bill. 

However I do think if Arte made a real run at him, he would agree to play for the Angels 

33 minutes ago, floplag said:

no terms given 

12 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Looks like Arenado will be locked up

hey, hold on a doggone minute, colorado. we have plans and you're gonna screw them up. 

knock it off. i'd hate to have to give all of you in the state a detention, but don't push me.