• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

Dwight Smith DFAed by the Blue Jays. He'd be a good guy to throw into the 4th OF mix. Has an option remaining too. They can 60-day Keynan to make room on the 40. 

.293/.365/.467/.833 with a 127 OPS+ in ~100 MLB plate appearances, only 26 in 2019.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Keuchel led the AL in hits allowed.    No thank you!

I've made that same point - but also worth noting he also threw over 200 innings, and had an H9 of 9.3, which isn't great, but also nothing awful. 

I'd take him on a one-year deal preferred, or a heavily discounted 3-yr deal, which I don't think either side would want.

13 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I've made that same point - but also worth noting he also threw over 200 innings, and had an H9 of 9.3, which isn't great, but also nothing awful. 

I'd take him on a one-year deal preferred, or a heavily discounted 3-yr deal, which I don't think either side would want.

I think it was 5th worst in baseball.  I would assume that would be considered awful compared to his peers.  It is probably also the highest of anyone that pitched that many innings.  He had the same WHIP as James Shields this past year.  His batting average against was 8th worst in MLB for starting pitchers.  

34 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think it was 5th worst in baseball.  I would assume that would be considered awful compared to his peers.  It is probably also the highest of anyone that pitched that many innings.  He had the same WHIP as James Shields this past year.  His batting average against was 8th worst in MLB for starting pitchers.  

so......3 years 48 million?

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

so......3 years 48 million?

Yea, I would, but I have no idea if the Angels will.  When you look at the peripherals he is not much of an upgrade.  Every dollar you spend on minimal upgrades is a dollar you can’t spend later on real upgrades.   

On 3/8/2019 at 11:42 AM, Stradling said:

Yep, and while I wouldn’t give him a huge amount, I would like to have him for 3 years at the right price.  

If you’re going to give up a draft pick it just makes sense to sign him to a multi 3 year deal. 

He’ will get a multi year deal but not from the Astros imo.

15 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

If you’re going to give up a draft pick it just makes sense to sign him to a multi 3 year deal. 

He’ will get a multi year deal but not from the Astros imo.

reports are that they have offered one and two-year deals