• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

Keuchel will end up on one of three teams, assuming we don’t see a contender lose a starter in the next few days.  He will end up on the Astros on a one year deal, the Phillies on a 3 year deal or the Angels on a three year deal.  None of these deals will be near the deal he turned down in 2016 which was for $90 million.  

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Keuchel will end up on one of three teams, assuming we don’t see a contender lose a starter in the next few days.  He will end up on the Astros on a one year deal, the Phillies on a 3 year deal or the Angels on a three year deal.  None of these deals will be near the deal he turned down in 2016 which was for $90 million.  

Seriously, how many millions can a person actually spend.

15 hours ago, Stradling said:

You know, sometimes you make a questionable deal out of necessity....Pujols, Hamilton were just dumb, not out of necessity....maybe necessity is too strong a description but our rotation is iffy enough that we might just have to roll the dice on a guy who has consistently put up good numbers....you are betting that he holds together for a few more years and even if he isn't a top of the rotation guy, he would provide some stability... may be wrong about the current rotation but it doesn't give me much confidence...

1 hour ago, Lou said:

he's also been consistently worse each year 

Actually, no... 4.55 ERA and a bad year in 16 (had some injury issues, I think).... bounce back 2.90 in 17, then 3.74 in 18...I guess my point was that, flawed as he is, he looks better right now than any of our guys...Skaggs and Heaney can be pretty good but you have to worry about health w/ both...Harvey and Cahill, meh...cross your fingers, I guess...it’s a stretch, I realize (the point in my post)... I can see both sides but I’d sure consider signing him...

22 hours ago, DMVol said:

Actually, no... 4.55 ERA and a bad year in 16 (had some injury issues, I think).... bounce back 2.90 in 17, then 3.74 in 18...I guess my point was that, flawed as he is, he looks better right now than any of our guys...Skaggs and Heaney can be pretty good but you have to worry about health w/ both...Harvey and Cahill, meh...cross your fingers, I guess...it’s a stretch, I realize (the point in my post)... I can see both sides but I’d sure consider signing him...

I was thinking more from beginning in 2015 and using more than ERA 

22 hours ago, DMVol said:

I hate to say it but i think thats more of a condemnation of our guys than praise for him.  Looking good to us right now isnt that tricky. 

1 hour ago, floplag said:

I hate to say it but i think thats more of a condemnation of our guys than praise for him.  Looking good to us right now isnt that tricky. 

I think that’s the point....are we shaky enough to reach for Keuchel?  I dunno...I see both sides...

52 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I think that’s the point....are we shaky enough to reach for Keuchel?  I dunno...I see both sides...

Well so do i actually, i mean were gonna need guys out there to have any shot at not falling under 500 but its popular around here to talk about value, and for whjat i think Kuechel and Gio would cost, it makes little sense 

20 minutes ago, floplag said:

Well so do i actually, i mean were gonna need guys out there to have any shot at not falling under 500 but its popular around here to talk about value, and for whjat i think Kuechel and Gio would cost, it makes little sense 

Keuchel, you’re probably right, Gio I don’t know...he might be cheaper than Harvey or Cahill....