• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I was giving him a hard time about the Nintendo part of his post.  I love NY.  I like the energy, the history and Broadway.  As for which cities I like, NY and Rome are probably my favorite I have been to.  Followed closely by Norco.  

I've never been to Rome or Italy (yet). NY is great for the experience, but I don't know about living there. I love London. Edinburgh is great, like Lou said. In the US, my favorites are NY and Portland.

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

Seattle and Portland are both dirty buttholes now too.

I lived in Portland from 1995-2006, with a couple years in NoCal and Asia mixed in. In the 90s it was sort of the little brother to Seattle, but the "cool kids" preferred Portland. Ii was still really nice in the 00s, but when I went back to visit a few years ago, it had turned into a yuppy playground and tourist magnet for Japanese people hoping to see Fred Armisen and eat Voodoo donuts.

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I lived in Portland from 1995-2006, with a couple years in NoCal and Asia mixed in. In the 90s it was sort of the little brother to Seattle, but the "cool kids" preferred Portland. Ii was still really nice in the 00s, but when I went back to visit a few years ago, it had turned into a yuppy playground and tourist magnet for Japanese people hoping to see Fred Armisen and eat Voodoo donuts.

Agree.  And now since it is a haven for nasty, unbathed assholes totally hostile to people not from Portland.  

Edited by Dtwncbad

Just now, Angelsjunky said:

Most of whom are newish to Portland. Actually, Portlandia was pretty good satire. I loved the bit "This Place is Over."

Yes.  It was funny.  I used to love going to Portland for its quirkiness, very local food joints and fun atmosphere, bookstores, coffee, art, music.  All so chill.

Then it got angry.  

21 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I was giving him a hard time about the Nintendo part of his post.  I love NY.  I like the energy, the history and Broadway.  As for which cities I like, NY and Rome are probably my favorite I have been to.  Followed closely by Norco.  

Strad:  I cut myself some slack when it comes to the theatre.  I like London as well for theatre.   With New York I could go in for a weekend (when I was married), have a couple really nice meals and see a couple of professional state of the art acting performances.  

It isn’t whether or not we can outbid these other teams, because we probably can, if we choose to be desperate.  I can pretty much guarantee if we went stupid we could acquire either Scherzer or Berrios.  The reason I am sure of that is neither the Padres or Dodgers will go stupid to acquire them.  If we offered Adell, CRod and Paris we get either of those guys.  

2 minutes ago, Revad said:

Strad:  I cut myself some slack when it comes to the theatre.  I like London as well for theatre.   With New York I could go in for a weekend (when I was married), have a couple really nice meals and see a couple of professional state of the art acting performances.  

Yep, I love live theater.  I have never been to London, but I have been to a lot of different places in the world.  I have only seen shows in LA, NY and Chicago and each one was great.

I’m just being impatient because still a lot of time to go on this but we cannot afford to do nothing. We have to be buyers or sellers. Personally I think we should be sensible and do the latter and get as much as we can. But I understand those that think we are close enough to be buyers and it makes sense to make moves now for next year and beyond if we can get some controllable pieces. But what we can’t do is just continue as we are and just stumble through the rest of the year never making any ground but also not improving the situation for the team for the future 

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It isn’t whether or not we can outbid these other teams, because we probably can, if we choose to be desperate.  I can pretty much guarantee if we went stupid we could acquire either Scherzer or Berrios.  

The Angels desperate for pitch? Or making very sad decisions?  Well if you say so.

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

That is the one thing I can’t see happening.  I could see them buying, I can see them selling.  I can’t see them doing nothing.  

Maybe they move a player or two but it may not be anything impactful. It’s kind of hard to predict what Minasian will do