• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

35 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Does Siera use the same calculation as CERA?

No but it accounts for awful defense...

I'm on lockdown cause a bunch of turds caught Covid at my firm... so I was bored and looking at a ton of Statcast data... specifically outs above average. 

The Angels have 5 pitchers listed in the bottom 50.... (653 pitchers)  Canning, Quintana, Sandoval, Cobb, Cishek.    Bundy just missed but he's in the bottom 60 at -3. 

The top 408 are Zero or positive defenses behind them.  The Angels have 6 of the bottom 60 all at -3 or more with Cannng at the very bottom at -7.  Only 25 MLB pitchers have been victimized for -5 runs above average, the Angels have three of them.

If you look at actual run prevented, the Angels have 5 in the bottom 40.  Bundy, Quintana, Canning, Sandoval, Cobb....  Cishek at 55 btw.

When you consider that some of these guys have already been pulled from the rotation and haven't been pitching as much those numbers are BRUTAL.

But...  It's not the defense according to some.

6 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I don't understand Scherzer. He won't go to New York because he prefers the West Coast but it's open to Boston, which is also East Coast and is basically the same degree of a shit hole as New York. 

Since when do the Nats play on the west coast?

1 hour ago, angelsnationtalk said:

If you mean to trade for Scherzer? yes, though I really doubt it costs top top prospects for him.

If you mean to add into the bullpen? yes and no. Yes to fill but a big no-no to force them to produce in the playoffs. 

They need a seasoned vet if they wanna beat the Dodgers..... Or anyone. 

Sorry about that, was meant more for your thought on Cobb and Iglesias.

Padres could use a starter and a late innings guy.

Although closer look shows that they have plenty after Melancon in the pen.

Cobb could still lead to a decent enough prospect(s) acquisition.

Edited by Angel Oracle

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Sorry about that, was meant more for your thought on Cobb and Iglesias.

Padres could use a starter and a late innings guy.

Although closer look shows that they have plenty after Melancon in the pen.

Cobb could still lead to a decent enough prospect(s) acquisition.

The best place to get Cobb and Iglesias if we packaged them would be to the Dodgers.

They could use mid-rotation help and their late-inning relief is a shit show (which i love to see). 

I'm really hoping Padres get Scherzer, Mariners get Berrios and Athletics get Story+Gray.

Would only help the Angels' situation of selling Cobb and Iglesias to the Dodgers that much better.

They match up perfectly. 

15 minutes ago, Lou said:

Since when do the Nats play on the west coast?

The reports from the past couple days indicated he was only willing to waive his 10-5 rights for a contending team on the West Coast. With that information, everyone figured he was probably sick of living back east. And with new info, evidently Boston is in play. 

It's doesn't make a ton of sense. 

24 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I don't understand Scherzer. He won't go to New York because he prefers the West Coast but it's open to Boston, which is also East Coast and is basically the same degree of a shit hole as New York. 

Have you been to either city? New York is amazing - deservedly considered the greatest city in the world (although I’d argue that London is equally great, and Paris and Tokyo have fans). Boston is far less so, but still with a lot to offer.

And of course both have great baseball franchises.

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

The reports from the past couple days indicated he was only willing to waive his 10-5 rights for a contending team on the West Coast. With that information, everyone figured he was probably sick of living back east. And with new info, evidently Boston is in play. 

I think he just hates New York. 

Playing for Boston also helps him beat indulge his hate on New York.

My bet is he does not want to deal with NY media. It's not as bad in LA or Boston. Animal unto itself in NYC.

Edited by totdprods

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

I think he just hates New York. 

Playing for Boston also helps him beat indulge his hate on New York.

My bet is he does not want to deal with NY media. It's not as bad in LA or Boston. Animal unto itself in NYC.

Probably. Personally, I've yet to find an East Coast (Northeast, anything north of the Carolinas) urban area that I actually like. Beautiful rural areas though. 

7 minutes ago, Second Base said:

The media claims Boston is back in play. 

So yes, him preferring West Coast still makes sense.

23 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Have you been to either city? New York is amazing - deservedly considered the greatest city in the world (although I’d argue that London is equally great, and Paris and Tokyo have fans). Boston is far less so, but still with a lot to offer.

And of course both have great baseball franchises.

I've been to New York.  It sucks.