• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

21 minutes ago, Stradling said:

To me it is weird the Scherzer is still in the dugout, since he just pitched 6 innings of a 7 inning double header.  I thought he was only going to be traded if he worked out a deal ahead of time for an extension?  Maybe he had the groundwork for a deal before he took the mound?  Are we jumping the gun perhaps?  Seems odd that he would take the mound for the Nats if a deal was the close when he has to sign off on it, plus wants an extension.  

One report I read said (speculated) that they had him pitch to show there were no injury concerns as his start was pushed back due to tricep discomfort.

4 minutes ago, GoodTimesGoneBad said:

Kimbrel will go to the Dogs, Bryant to the Giants, Rizzo to the Sox, and Berrios stays put. 

This sounds right.  I did read (on The Athletic) that the Twins are still trying to extend Berrios and Buxton. 

3 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Red Sox now reported as in on Scherzer.

Crap.  I kinda dig Scherzer and now he could be pulling on a Dodger or Red Sox cap?

Fuck that sucks.

Based on what the Angels have experienced with aged acquisitions, I would hope Scherzer is not on the Angels radar.

It is too late to help this year, and he would likely be on IR most of next year, or  finally show his age and decline significantly as an Angel.

With another organization, he will likely have a couple more good years left

Anyone notice how with the exception of the Cardinals, because they are so homegrown, that the best teams in baseball are typically the most aggressive in their moves. They'll have a firesale of huge seemingly immovable contracts, and acquire players pretty much out of nowhere that are of such huge magnitude. 

Winners are bold. 

Perry Minasian should be bold. 

5 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Anyone notice how with the exception of the Cardinals, because they are so homegrown, that the best teams in baseball are typically the most aggressive in their moves. They'll have a firesale of huge seemingly immovable contracts, and acquire players pretty much out of nowhere that are of such huge magnitude. 

Winners are bold. 

Ya it’s the same shit every year from the teams in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

That is the one thing I can’t see happening.  I could see them buying, I can see them selling.  I can’t see them doing nothing.  

They are not good enough to buy and not bad enough to sell, so I would not be shocked if they did nothing.

With only average luck, we would have seen a healthy Trout and Rendon, and would be up with Oakland for the 2nd wild card.

This would have made the Angels buyers, but lady luck hates the Angels 

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

To Lou and Stradling, I don’t know, maybe the arts and music, or maybe the film and theater, or the endless diverse cuisine, the even more diverse range of people, the strange and varied individuals you’ll meet, the shops and museums, the fact that just walking out the door is entertaining, and you never have to drive, etc etc.

Which cities do you like and why?

This sounds precisely like London. 

Highly recommend Amsterdam for a smaller more friendly version of this sort of eclectic mix of widely varied culture, art, architecture and real life. Gorgeous little city you can walk across in an afternoon.

11 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Winners are bold. 

Halos were bold they signed Albert when nobody else would