• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

On 7/28/2021 at 8:28 AM, Angel Oracle said:

I’m all for trading Iglesias.   It had better be a good return though.

The one FA they have to hold on to is Cobb.   I want the young pitchers to continue to feed off of his experience. Plus, they need to re-sign him with the apparent resurgence in his career.

what if this years' cobb turns into this years' bundy?

that's my big concern. last year, a lot of people here were ready to write a big check for bundy because he'd had a good year. will bundy rebound from how awful he's been this year? any reason to think cobb will continue to be as good as he's been this year? lots of questions . . .

1 minute ago, Tank said:

what if this years' cobb turns into this years' bundy?

that's my big concern. last year, a lot of people here were ready to write a big check for bundy because he'd had a good year. will bundy rebound from how awful he's been this year? any reason to think cobb will continue to be as good as he's been this year? lots of questions . . .

We overhyped Bundy, but the truth is he only had 11 starts last season—so, it was foolish to hail him as our ace. 

If Minasian was going to buy, it appears many of those bullpen targets have left the board. And if he was going to sell, it appears he may be a little late to the game here. 

I think pretty much the worst thing he can do is stand pat. To put it simply, even with Trout, Rendon and Walsh back, the Angels lack the bullpen to hold onto any lead, so the rate at which they win is unlikely to increase significantly. 

It's looking more and more like the Angels will sit this one out. Meanwhile, the teams ahead of them in the standings have taken steps to aggressively improve and the teams behind them have sold off expiring contracts to maximize value. 

Get off your ass, Perry.

Edited by Second Base

13 minutes ago, Second Base said:

If Minasian was going to buy, it appears many of those bullpen targets have left the board. And if he was going to sell, it appears he may be a little late to the game here. 

I think pretty much the worst thing he can do is stand pat. To put it simply, even with Trout, Rendon and Walsh back, the Angels lack the bullpen to hold onto any lead, so the rate at which they win is unlikely to increase significantly. 

It's looking more and more like the Angels will sit this one out. Meanwhile, the teams ahead of them in the standings have taken steps to aggressively improve and the teams behind them have sold off expiring contracts to maximize value. 

Get off your ass, Perry.

Bull, there’s plenty of action still to happen.

Still diggin’ my idea/prediction of Iglesias for Brusdar Graterol, Heaney for a couple (or at least one) RP prospects from SD, NYY, Philly, or Tampa, and the Angels turning some of their soon-to-be R5 eligible prospects or AAA guys into a couple controllable relievers, guys like Floro, Bleier, Scott, Thielbar, Zimmer, Curtiss, etc. Maybe snag a vet CIF too.

Total rebuild of the pen without selling the farm and without punting the season. 

Edited by totdprods

16 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Get off your ass, Perry.

I agree, but it’s possible he was trying to extend a few players and that’s slowed things down.  But he needs to do something, anything.  That way this board can argue for weeks the trade.

15 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Get off your ass, Perry.

At this point at the deadline we're not even keeping pace with the teams ahead of us.

Much less gaining on them.

They're getting better!

7 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Bull, there’s plenty of action still to happen.

Still diggin’ my idea/prediction of Iglesias for Brusdar Graterol, Heaney for a couple (or at least one) RP prospects from SD, NYY, Philly, or Tampa, and the Angels turning some of their soon-to-be R5 eligible prospects or AAA guys into a couple controllable relievers, guys like Floro, Bleier, Scott, Thielbar, Zimmer, Curtiss, etc. Maybe snag a vet CIF too.

Total rebuild of the pen without selling the farm and without punting the season. 

If I felt Minasian had the cajones to do such a thing, I wouldn't have posted what I did. I honestly don't think he's going to do anything of substance.