• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

This is just a hunch, but I think the Angels trade Heaney, but not Raisel or Cobb. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think they want to signal to the team that they're throwing in the towel by trading Raisel and Cobb, not unless they are blown away by an offer. They'd really need to get at least one 50 FV prospect for each, and I'm not sure any teams are willing to give that up. Maybe for Raisel, but they might want someone really good (e.g. a 55 FV prospect).

We might see one or two other minor moves - maybe Watson and one or two younger players added to sweeten the deal. So we might, for instance, see Heaney and Ward or Rengifo traded for a couple prospects, in the 40-45 FV range.

Just a hunch, though. 

This is pretty close to what I’ve heard from a couple friends in the org in regards to Heaney being the main push, and less motivation to move Cobb/Raisel.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

What makes it so great?

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Ok, but what makes it great for adults?

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

I've been to New York.  It sucks.  

I feel sad for you guys.

To Lou and Stradling, I don’t know, maybe the arts and music, or maybe the film and theater, or the endless diverse cuisine, the even more diverse range of people, the strange and varied individuals you’ll meet, the shops and museums, the fact that just walking out the door is entertaining, and you never have to drive, etc etc.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

NY and Paris are the most overrated cities on the planet. 

Which cities do you like and why?

5 minutes ago, GoodTimesGoneBad said:

Anyone who wouldn’t trade Adell for Berrios straight up is completely out of their mind. 

The power on Adell is so legit.  But it would not be unfair to view him as potentially just a future OK major leaguer because of his defensive limitations and his ongoing swing and miss stats.

Of course, highly talented players can have breakthrough and put their specific vulnerabilities behind them.

But I am just saying Adell at this moment would be a super fair price to pay for Berrios.

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I feel sad for you guys.

To Lou and Stradling, I don’t know, maybe the arts and music, or maybe the film and theater, or the endless diverse cuisine, the even more diverse range of people, the strange and varied individuals you’ll meet, the shops and museums, the fact that just walking out the door is entertaining, and you never have to drive, etc etc.

New York’s alright.  New York’s alright.  New York’s alright.  If you like saxophones.

(who gets this one?)

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

The power on Adell is so legit.  But it would not be unfair to view him as potentially just a future OK major leaguer because of his defensive limitations and his ongoing swing and miss stats.

Of course, highly talented players can have breakthrough and put their specific vulnerabilities behind them.

But I am just saying Adell at this moment would be a super fair price to pay for Berrios.

A balanced view. Ultimately I'd rather keep Adell, as I believe he'll figure things out and be a star, and I so want to see the Adell-Trout-Marsh outfield that we've been dreaming about for years. But it would be an equitable trade, i think. 

Just now, Lou said:

I like Barcelona, Edinburgh, Florence ....

Fair enough - those are great cities, too. Sounds like you prefer a smaller city. I generally due, at least for long-term. I probably wouldn't want to live in NY, but would much rather spend a weekend or month there than the shithole that is LA.

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Fair enough - those are great cities, too. Sounds like you prefer a smaller city. I generally due, at least for long-term. I probably wouldn't want to live in NY, but would much rather spend a weekend or month there than the shithole that is LA.

I like beautiful, clean cities. NY does not qualify. 

The people also make a difference. Again, NY doesn't fit the bill. 

And nobody is saying LA isn't a shithole. 

9 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I feel sad for you guys.

I was giving him a hard time about the Nintendo part of his post.  I love NY.  I like the energy, the history and Broadway.  As for which cities I like, NY and Rome are probably my favorite I have been to.  Followed closely by Norco.