• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

Just now, angelsnationtalk said:

No way the Padres let the Dodgers get Scherzer. He's the playoff GOAT and the Padres can afford him more than the Dodgers can. Plus they can't let him go to their rival.

I like the Graterol idea..... a lot. 

Still would like them to at least check in with the Marlins. 
Adding to what you've proposed and including something for a frontline arm for Adell would drastically change the Angels for 2022.

Dodgers seem more inclined to move big prospect talent than the Padres, which is why I think they'll pull the trigger and move someone like Ruiz or Gray. I think San Diego will balk still...Preller knows his team is set up really nicely next year and beyond still, and the Dodgers, well, their window isn't closing, but it gets a bit murkier after this year. San Diego will upgrade, but I don't think they see it wise to get into a deadline bidding war. 

I could see a major Adell move happening more this winter than the deadline...

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

While probably true, Heaney is having a better year than Snell.

And that is why they would want to get a pitcher to give them what they had hoped to get from Snell.  Heaney isn’t that guy.

Edited by Dtwncbad

4 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I watch the Braves every night (2nd favorite team) and I wouldn't want Jackson.  I don't think we should trade for any rentals, so no Smyley for me.  He has been ok but I just don't want to trade for a rental. 

Fair enough. I'm not totally thrilled with that deal, just trying to connect a couple dots between the clubs and Perry, and that's what made sense.

14 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Hmm, why? He's been arguably better than Snell and Paddack this year. 

The Angels have four of the top 20 AL SPs using Siera.  Heaney is one of them, overall he's 31st in MLB.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=pit&lg=al&qual=60&type=1&season=2021&month=0&season1=2021&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&startdate=2021-01-01&enddate=2021-12-31&sort=21,a

Heaney's a good pitcher, and a savvy club will pick him up to be their #3 or #4 or #5 for the stretch run. 

An NL West team whose park typically suppresses HRs, like the Dodgers, Giants, or Padres, will likely get some good value.

Edited by totdprods

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Does Siera use the same calculation as CERA?

7 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Fair enough. I'm not totally thrilled with that deal, just trying to connect a couple dots between the clubs and Perry, and that's what made sense.

I think buying and selling both is a hard needle to thread....but you at least tried and I like some of what  you proposed.....

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Is Riley Adams someone that is expected to be a starting catcher in the majors? 

possibly...more of a bat first guy. He's pretty tall for a catcher at 6'4" so there should be power and an arm, but a little limited defensively and just okay contact/discipline. Maybe a Kevan Smith-type.

Edited by totdprods

5 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Heaney's a good pitcher, and a savvy club will pick him up to be their #3 or #4 or #5 for the stretch run. 

An NL West team whose park typically suppresses HRs, like the Dodgers, Giants, or Padres, will likely get some good value.

Heaney has been a potentially good pitcher his whole career and an underachiever.

At some point actual performance trumps potential.

For a contender, he is a #5 starter.

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Red Sox now reported as in on Scherzer.

Crap.  I kinda dig Scherzer and now he could be pulling on a Dodger or Red Sox cap?

Fuck that sucks.

Would he waive his no trade clause to go there? It’s already reported he won’t go to New York City. He also reportedly prefers the West Coast