• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels interested in Anthony Rendon

mmc

2 minutes ago, Bronson said:

The whole situation is fucked. Now that Cole is unavailable it really hits home how much we needed him.

As was said by others alredy, it isnt so much that we didnt get Cole, but that were almost out of options.

Pineda and a few others mentioned, had we moved on them earlier, would have us all feeling a lot different right now.

6 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

As was said by others alredy, it isnt so much that we didnt get Cole, but that were almost out of options.

Pineda and a few others mentioned, had we moved on them earlier, would have us all feeling a lot different right now.

Agreed. This is just a very bad situation. I guess we will see how Eppler and Arte will try to fix it tomorrow.

It is not so much that we needed him but they do this every year, as they want someone really bad and they take forever to decide and all the players are gone. Just go in and make an offer and if they don’t want the offer move on to someone else before the other players are off the board and signed. This is going to happen every year they sit and wait. It was all bull shit about wanted to play close to home bust wanted to have each team to go against each other and get the price higher which is ok I guess but you are screwing the other teams and then they have no other great options thanks to 1 jack ass. The Angels have a lot of work to do now. I also hope the Yankees don’t even make it to the playoffs.

4 hours ago, rottiesworld said:

It is not so much that we needed him but they do this every year, as they want someone really bad and they take forever to decide and all the players are gone. 

I'm trying to recall the last time this happened, but the only thing I can think of is the Teixeira sweepstakes. 

How many fans who love Adell could be comfortable (or even thrilled) if Adell was intimately the critical piece needed to get exactly what the major league roster needs, a front line “ace” type?

Almost every time anyone mentions the possibility of trading Adell, the consensus is an emotional reaction to how devastating it would be to the farm.

I get that concern considering:

1). how empty the farm was for so long
2). the fear of getting hosed in deal and then seeing Adell thrive for the next decade

But given where the Angels are today, trading Adell in the RIGHT deal for the RIGHT pitcher is defendable.  It has to be the right deal though.

Adell can’t pitch and the Angels need pitching to win.  Adell is a stud bat.  The Angels can purchase a stud bat with Rendon.

it sucks to consider trading a player you have become emotionally attached to, the guy who symbolizes the resurgence of the farm.  I get it.  I love Adell.

But I want to win.

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

How many fans who love Adell could be comfortable (or even thrilled) if Adell was intimately the critical piece needed to get exactly what the major league roster needs, a front line “ace” type?

Almost every time anyone mentions the possibility of trading Adell, the consensus is an emotional reaction to how devastating it would be to the farm.

I get that concern considering:

1). how empty the farm was for so long
2). the fear of getting hosed in deal and then seeing Adell thrive for the next decade

But given where the Angels are today, trading Adell in the RIGHT deal for the RIGHT pitcher is defendable.  It has to be the right deal though.

Adell can’t pitch and the Angels need pitching to win.  Adell is a stud bat.  The Angels can purchase a stud bat with Rendon.

it sucks to consider trading a player you have become emotionally attached to, the guy who symbolizes the resurgence of the farm.  I get it.  I love Adell.

But I want to win.

Meh, as an Angel fan I've adjusted to our reality. I'd rather keep Adell and hope he's as fun to watch as Trout. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Meh, as an Angel fan I've adjusted to our reality. I'd rather keep Adell and hope he's as fun to watch as Trout. 

To each his own.  I am not going to spend any time paying attention to an Angels team stuck at .500, with or without Trout.

The team needs to evolve into the top tier franchise that it should be.

Win.

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

To each his own.  I am not going to spend any time paying attention to an Angels team stuck at .500, with or without Trout.

The team needs to evolve into the top tier franchise that it should be.

Win.

I guess you're right. I didn't watch a game past May this last season and that was in a Trout MVP year. Oh well 

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Word on the street is Boras went silent on Angels yesterday and put all his focus on the Yankees/Cole deal.  If that is true, good luck signing Rendon knowing Arte's distaste for that type of way of doing business.  

This is scary. But to Arte, get over it. 

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Word on the street is Boras went silent on Angels yesterday and put all his focus on the Yankees/Cole deal.  If that is true, good luck signing Rendon knowing Arte's distaste for that type of way of doing business.  

The more I read between the lines, I think Cole wanted to play for the Yankees and he told Boras to just use the other teams (and Mystery ones) to drive up the price. 

Cole probably knew two days ago he wanted to play for the Yankees.

Boras isn't stupid, he's not going to burn a bridge when his other clients could potentially go to the Angels.