• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels interested in Anthony Rendon

mmc

11 minutes ago, floplag said:

Based on what?  I know hes has some attitude issues but his numbers didnt suck, still a better than average WAR.  Calhoun has almost the same WAR as Castellanos and could he had for far less.  Just seems a luxury we dont need to me is all. 
IF we did all this other stuff and then still did him, fine i guess but otherwise no.

The last thing this team needs right now is someone with so many issues off the field and with his behavior. He’s good but he’s probably about to be one-year deal territory for his career and just not worth the effort. If we were doing a one-year in RF, I’d just as soon go with Pillar or Souza, or a Kole reunion. 

Kole will be 32...Castellanos only 28. I’m not gonna bank on some kind of JD Martinez surge for Castellanos now that he’s gone from Detroit, but he looked great in Chicago and is at an age where he should start peaking - and he’s coming from a very good base - .286/.336/.504/.840 the last four years, averaging near 50 doubles, 10 triples, and 30 HR per 162. He could very well blow up and be a .950+ OPS beast for a few seasons. Seemingly did well under Maddon.

I wouldn’t go crazy on him - nothing like $25m+ AAV, but if you can sneak in and get him for $15-20, maybe $22m AAV, it could be great value.

Edited by totdprods

9 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

We don't need OF's.  Why is Castellanos even in this conversation?

We have Marsh and Adell.  Just a reminder, Marsh outperformed Adell in the AFL just one month ago.

He’d presumably start transitioning to 1B, pushing Pujols to part-time by end of year or next year once Adell is ready.

17 minutes ago, totdprods said:

The last thing this team needs right now is someone with so many issues off the field and with his behavior. He’s good but he’s probably about to be one-year deal territory for his career and just not worth the effort. If we were doing a one-year in RF, I’d just as soon go with Pillar or Souza, or a Kole reunion. 

Kole will be 32...Castellanos only 28. I’m not gonna bank on some kind of JD Martinez surge for Castellanos now that he’s gone from Detroit, but he looked great in Chicago and is at an age where he should start peaking - and he’s coming from a very good base - .286/.336/.504/.840 the last four years, averaging near 50 doubles, 10 triples, and 30 HR per 162. He could very well blow up and be a .950+ OPS beast for a few seasons. Seemingly did well under Maddon.

I wouldn’t go crazy on him - nothing like $25m+ AAV, but if you can sneak in and get him for $15-20, maybe $22m AAV, it could be great value.

i would be fine with Calhoun coming back on a 1 yr, im just not sure thats something he wants and most guys dont go back to teams that let them go on such a decreased price which i why i though Puig.   If anyone could get him right its Pujols, and Trout... if he truly wants to continue playing.  
I just have zero interest in any long term OF at a higher price tag, its counter productive in my view and makes little sense. 

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Rendon sure does line up with the type of player Eppler likes. Lots of contact, not a lot of strikeouts, great defense. 

Against both LHP and RHP he ran OBP's over .400 (.404 vs RHP, .433 vs LHP). He would be a huge monster in front of Trout in the lineup. Put a lead-off hitter, then Rendon, then Trout, and then someone like Ohtani behind Mike. Major offensive production with that alignment.

15 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Ugh I really hope all this Rendon talk today isn’t because the Angels feel like they’re losing out on Cole...

Really starting to worry

If they are really looking at Rendon, it is because they are getting both of them. They won't upgrade at 3B if they don't upgrade with Cole in the rotation. Rendon is part of an all-in on Gerrit. It is not one or the other in my humble opinion.